Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gave up on the Craig Thomas when I found myself hoping they all got blown up on the next page. Am trying my first Margaret Doody "Aristotle Detective" book - this one's Poison in Athens. I love the Lindsey Davis Roman equivalents, so I'm hoping this will be as good. She's being a bit heavy-handed with the historical info' at the moment, but it's always struck me how hard it is to get the balance right on that, so I'm hoping it will pick up soon - tis early days (or rather, early pages!) so far.

I just finish Act like a Lady, Think like a Man by Steve Harvey. Very easy reading, very down to earth. I finished it in less than a day. Wonderful, informative, insightful book.

Should be manditory reading for all females...
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have finshed Ellery Queem's The Virgin Heiresses. Was fun to read. Now reaching the end of The Cat Who Came To Breakfast. Did't get as much reading done as I thought, but caught up on sleeping

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just finished "Everything changes" Jonathan Tropper...so good..really funny ! But sad as well..

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm reading Martha Beck's 'Finding Your Own North Star' and several books by Wayne Dyer as well as Duncan Bannatyne's book on being smart with money.

I also have a stack of books to take their place when I have read them.

Just finished Flinx in Flux by Alan Dean Foster and about to start Swimsuit by James Patterson
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Just started Mary Chesnut's Civil War (edited by C. Vann Woodward). Kind of an old one, 1981, but are her diaries from the southern view of the civil war. Very interesting reading, this is the restored version that combines several other scaled down versions.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have finshed Ellery Queem's The Virgin Heiresses. Was fun to read. Now reaching the end of The Cat Who Came To Breakfast. Did't get as much reading done as I thought, but caught up on sleeping
    Oh I love the old and new mysteries! Am just finishing Burglars can't be choosers by Lawrence Block, from the 1970s, first in his burglar as hero series.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Gave up on the Craig Thomas when I found myself hoping they all got blown up on the next page. Am trying my first Margaret Doody "Aristotle Detective" book - this one's Poison in Athens. I love the Lindsey Davis Roman equivalents, so I'm hoping this will be as good. She's being a bit heavy-handed with the historical info' at the moment, but it's always struck me how hard it is to get the balance right on that, so I'm hoping it will pick up soon - tis early days (or rather, early pages!) so far.
    Agree, I will give any detective or mystery book or series a shot. But some are horribly boring and simple. If I can guess who done it within 50 pages, it is not worth the read.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I usually work my way to the end. I have just finished Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris. As I like needlework and the setting of this series is a needlework shop, I enjoy them for a little light murder Now I have started a German book, one that's been sitting on the shelf for a while. It's going to be funny, I think

Thread Information