Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am about halfway through 'The cat who brought the house down' I am enjoying it immensely, just like the others in the series. It will most likely find it's way into my bookshop asmost books I have read , so if you are interested look next week....

Forum Lurker
    View JoPhangan's Feedback (+8)
    All-About JoPhangan
    View JoPhangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi for anyone interesting in reading the book i mentioned on here he's uploaded the first chapter here there is some swearing and blokey humour in it and i have to admit the first chapter isnt the best but if he ever gets the guts to send it to a publisher the rest of the book is very good

A Lush Snaky Trick

oh and i'm reading a book by sam bourne - a final reckoning have 3 books by him got one for 50p brand new in tesco then found another 2 separately in 2 charity shops like new went in whsmiths the other day and they were selling them 2 for 5.99 so i got bargains mine only cost me £2 for 3 of them

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Is reading Crib of tears by Gramma.

Have finished thisbook written by our very own Gramma on the forums, had a grown man in tears in places,I would highly recomend this book to one and all.

And nooooooooooooo you cant have my copy it is signed to me from the lady herself
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Ooooh Truckers. That one had me crying with laughter. Diggers was nearly as funny, but somehow Wings missed it for me.

Sir Terry Pratchett has caused me the most stomach pain of any author I know, he's the only one that causes me to laugh till it hurts.
    I took a break between Diggers and Wings, and when I got back to it I did thoroughly enjoy it. There were some lovely moments, but I think it's less "slapstick" that the other two. I thoroughly enjoyed the NASA guys trying to explain "a planet" to mistervicepresident.

Henry James, The Aspern Papers now. Bit of a change.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I am about halfway through 'The cat who brought the house down' I am enjoying it immensely, just like the others in the series. It will most likely find it's way into my bookshop asmost books I have read , so if you are interested look next week....
    I check for Cat Who books regularly on here, as you know. Sadly most of them are either in the US with hugely expensive shipping to the UK, or they're expensive hardbacks (neither of these is a criticism, I'm sure the prices are fair, it's just not the option I'm looking for!) So our CW ping-pong continue. Mind you, if a third person does get into the Cat Who MMPB market, the bidding wars could get ugly, eh?

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I check for Cat Who books regularly on here, as you know. Sadly most of them are either in the US with hugely expensive shipping to the UK, or they're expensive hardbacks (neither of these is a criticism, I'm sure the prices are fair, it's just not the option I'm looking for!) So our CW ping-pong continue. Mind you, if a third person does get into the Cat Who MMPB market, the bidding wars could get ugly, eh?
    I just stand in line and wait. I have a friend going to the US in the summer. Might get a request or two in

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Have finished thisbook written by our very own Gramma on the forums, had a grown man in tears in places,I would highly recomend this book to one and all.

And nooooooooooooo you cant have my copy it is signed to me from the lady herself
    Thank you Huddy for the plug, I'll send your check next week. Unfortunately I haven't seen any doors being knocked down to get to it, so I may have to hold off on your check Come on folks you know you want to read it.

Just finished Jeffery Deavers The Cold Moon - excellent thriller. I will be reading more of his and now realise that I have read one of his before and seen the film The Bone Collector!

Moving on to either The Skeleton Room by Kate Ellis or Deal Breaker by Harlan Coben - I haven't decided yet
    Come and have a browse - you know you want to!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bookshed

Come and check out my Savage Gear fishing lures
    in my new store!
    http://tackleshed.ebid.net/

http://twitter.com/Bookshed

A very big thank you to ruthiewildchild for designing my new banner
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....heir-all-about

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I quite liked the Bone Collector as a movie, but I couldn't get on with Deaver's writing at all when I tried it. Hmmm... might have to have another look.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just started 'The cat who went Bananas' I am hooked on this series. Now who started me off on reading these?

Thread Information