Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can't think why, but this is part of a series and I haven't read the previous one(s). Have to do some research. And I have another of hers (Just looked, should have read that first)
    I will list them soon!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finished Simon de Montfort, what an amazing and enigmatic man he was! Very interesting book detailing this man's life including the power struggle between barons and inept King, and at the same time the struggle of the reform movement to reign back the power of the royal perogative and to establish government by consent rather than decree.

Now on to another novel, "The Last English King" by Julian Rathbone. Not sure I'm liking this much, I'm struggling with the way he writes, and I'm almost certain I prefer the more academic history texts to novels at the moment.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Is reading Crib of tears by Gramma.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Hello all, I have started reading the Twilight series. Just finished the 1st book, & am waiting for the 2nd one to come in the mail. I looked for it on ebid [only one I found was in UK. lol..sorry..way to expensive postage for me for books]. I have bought other things from you though. Anyway, I found this one on Wal Mart.com. I mostly read thrillers & romance. This book provided both. The characters are mostly high school age..but, hey I'm still young at heart. Very different story line for me..I like the characters..Edward is indiscribeable...wouldn't you say? I can kinda identify with Bella..a little clumsy...not very good in gymn class. I like it that the Cullens have found a better way to satisfy their "needs". Apparently, this series has been out for awhile...I'm just a little slow finding out about it.

Mortal Danger by Ann Rule. Love her writing style. True crime cases.

Leslie

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just started 'The chocolate puppy puzzle' by Janna Carl. Very light reading. Just right to snatch a page here and there

Just started reading The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory. I had it for xmas and I'm loving it already

Thumbs up Paul Theroux - The great Railway bazaar

I'm currently reading Paul Theroux - The great Railway bazaar.

It's a travel book. He has written many mare, all that I have read before have been very enjoyable, and this is no exception.

Cheers Mel

So, to show you how riveting Julian Rathbone is, I've read two other books in the time that I'm supposed to be reading The Last English King:

To Be Read By Candlelight, two short ghost stories by Edith Wharton, very disappointing endings, she's good at building up the story and the suspense, then both had a total let down at the end. I expect an unexpected ending, but not a confusing one.

The Murder in the Tower, by Jean Plaidy. This one is a one off, about the story of Frances Howard and her determination to marry Robert Carr, favourite of James VI, whilst having been married as a child to the Earl of Essex. It is mostly the lead up to her murder of Sir Thomas Overbury in the Tower of London when it looked as though he would spill the beans on all he knew about her plotting and use of underhand methods to obtain her own ends; afterwards it deals with the fall out and consequences for the pair of them. It's the usual great read from Jean Plaidy, a gripping story, I was supposed to be listing and came across it, so spent the rest of the evening reading.

Thread Information