Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm, Star Wars novels aren't for everyone unless you're interested in what happened between the movies.. I actually haven't read a book since school and it was only this year that I started reading again (left school at 16, 32 now lol), and what got me started on the Star Wars novels was playing the game Star Wars Republic Commando, so I started with the Star Wars Republic Commando novels as the game is very interesting as were the novels. So I thought what the hell, might as well get the Legacy of the Force books and read them too lol!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I reckon any book that gets people into reading is a good book. People were very sniffy about Harry Potter when he first appeared, but I reckon JKR is responsible for producing an entire generation of readers that might otherwise have been missed. Bravo JKR!

Just finished Zelazny's ROADMARKS. What a bore.

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I reckon any book that gets people into reading is a good book. People were very sniffy about Harry Potter when he first appeared, but I reckon JKR is responsible for producing an entire generation of readers that might otherwise have been missed. Bravo JKR!
    Yes, I totally agree with that, especially with children and teens. It's good to povoke them with books that provoke their imagination and keep them interested in reading such books and maybe advancing on to other, maybe more serious books or heavy reading, whatever you call it these days lol. It's good that Harry Potter, like Star Wars, is a series of books, one book leading off from the last, so you need to read the whole series from start to end. A good concept.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Taming of the Shrew

Mike's doing English Lit, so reading it with him

bed time reading?
    murder books of course!

Turkish Gambit by Boris Akunin
    This is one of the best detective novels I have read in a long time. Well rounded characters and good plots by this Russian writer. I did struggle with the first book in this series but have enjoyed each of the follow-ups. Normally I read at least one book a night - his books take me slightly longer - have to spread them over two nights. Now trying to track down the detective nun books he wrote.
    So if you like a good detective novel give this author a thought.

Falls The Shadow, by Sharon Penman.

A novel about Simon de Montfort, Henry III and Prince Llywelyn the Last, luckily I don't know too much about this period in history, so its not making my blood boil. It's a nice light romp through history, although I suppose I shall have to buy another book about the protagonists to decontaminate afterwards.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well once again i am reading the book i've just sold!! why does that always happem, i'll have to stay up half the night to finish it

I am reading "The Unlimited Dream Company" by J G Ballard.I love Ballard`s imagination its extreme and surreal,suprisingly funny,thought "cocaine nights" was fabulous,have "supercannes 'for sale on my auction;

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Promoting the Gospel. Part of bible study.

Personally, working through the Gospel according to John.

Thread Information