Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

Forum Newbie
    View hebde9's Feedback (+1)
    All-About hebde9
    View hebde9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sellers & buyers want to see the bids

I am just trying out eBid as a deserter from eBay. I used to put on small value coins with very small starting bids but it is now impossible to use eBay because of their insistance you must list payment with PayPal. This together with there listing charges means I usually loose money. Having switched the thing I find most annoying is trying to find out if anyone has bid on the item. I have looked through other listings and I still haven't found anything with a bid although I have bought 2 coins myself, being the only bidder.
    I only want my items to be auctioned. You have a great oppertunity to expand your bussiness so please listen to the punters and show the number of bids prominently.
    I support the writer 110%.

Exclamation

I have looked through other listings and I still haven't found anything with a bid although I have bought 2 coins myself, being the only bidder.
    Thank you....you just made my point for me again. So many of us come in to this site off links so we never see the home page, which is the only page showing actual bids....and you even have to kind of guess at that. POPULAR ITEMS displayed on the HOME PAGE is actually items with bids....and if you click on the tabs above you can see all the items on the site currently with bids and if you look to the left you can even see them by category.

hebde9 you should see some other coins being sold here on eBid if you check on the home page ....it actually looks like that is a pretty active category. It would probably be even more active if people coming here could see that it is active instead of guessing!!!

SO PLEASE GAZZA....MARK....please take this under consideration. IMHO you are missing a big opportunity here to acquire more sellers and more buyers by showing there is a growing active AUCTION bidding community here NOW!!! I, also want an active auction site where I can put items I do not know the value of up for sale and know I have a dependable audience that will give me a fair price in the end. That's a big part of the excitement and value of having an auction venue site! I do not want to always have to set the price to sell an item or to protect it. Sellers and buyers alike are looking for this kind of auction site and are not seeing it here....even though it is here! Some how you need to show the bids items are getting so people can easily see them ....PLEASE!!!!

Cool

Gazza and Mark ... can I second what Rainbowseeker is saying, we really do need to be seeing the bids now, it will bring more interest and probably more bids per item.

You know how it is, us girls will fight with elbows to get at the bargains when we think someone else might be snapping them up

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, It would be nice to see bids shown.

For help to find auctions with bids use the Busy search.

Gazza, If space is a problem change the Qty or Views column to Bids.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimbo750; 7th July 2008 at 12:21 AM.
    More wine please ...

Impressive Jimbo! Do you know since I started this thread the amount of bids on items at any given time has increase in excess of 1/3....in fact almost doubled. Just think what could happen if a little excitement was generated around here and it wasn't so hard to see what is selling? And I don't think this is just IMHO anymore.

Nice to hear that auction type items are on the increase.....a timely boost seems in order surely - if the coding involved is not too outlandish why not at least give it a trail period?

Would the 'qty' slot be such a sad loss to anyone?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i undestand that it would help the site and think it could be a asset (only a small one) but anything that helps the site i will say yes to ,

but i have a real bad bug bear thats getting on my wick and thats the site keeps going down , now this really needs more attention at the moment because it appears to be server related , guys if you read this please do something as it is getting past a joke now it`s happening at least 3 times a day i have items to list but in the end i just get fed up with page not responding notices

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    but i have a real bad bug bear thats getting on my wick and thats the site keeps going down , now this really needs more attention at the moment because it appears to be server related , guys if you read this please do something as it is getting past a joke now it`s happening at least 3 times a day i have items to list but in the end i just get fed up with page not responding notices
    I think you've hit the nail on the head Merlin. Yes, possibly this would be a very small improvement so most people are going to vote 'yes' to it. The thing is that there are many more far more important things that need attention.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head Merlin. Yes, possibly this would be a very small improvement so most people are going to vote 'yes' to it. The thing is that there are many more far more important things that need attention.
    lol i have my moments (just they are very rare)

but seriously this is way up my priority list i want to be able to get on ebid 24/7 ,but these server errors are turning people away so which do we need more servers that can handle the influx of people or a digit that says 2 bids ???????????

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm looking foreword to more countries being added to the eBid site list myself (Scandinavian countries get my vote).
    Last edited by kedo; 7th July 2008 at 06:13 PM.

Thread Information