Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

I'm thinking that if all my auctions have a buy now price then bids will show, in a manner of speaking, when the buy now disappears.

It's far from being an ideal way to do it but unless Mark and Gazza are willing to make the small change which it would take to enable bids to show without having to click onto each item, it's the only thing I can think of.

If the reason for not including an extra column showing number of bids is only the fear that this will make the display uncomfortably wide for some screens, there is an easy solution. Make the display configurable, in other words users could choose in their preferences which columns to show (and even in what order).

As time goes on this will become increasingly desirable. For example, soon we will have distance based searches (well, I sure HOPE we will). So it would be highly desirable to have an extra column for distance. And, having a wide screen, I'd really like that. But someone with an 800x600 screen might prefer to turn that off.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Good Morning..
    I believe you can set up (under your preferences) to be notified when you receive a bid on a item...at least i get a email from Ebid when i receive a bid on a item..

Quote Originally Posted by SandysGifts View Post
    Good Morning..
    I believe you can set up (under your preferences) to be notified when you receive a bid on a item...at least i get a email from Ebid when i receive a bid on a item..
    I think you may have misunderstood, or perhaps I have. I was assuming the idea was wider than just having this on your own auctions. It would be nice, whenever doing a search, to see the number of bids on items. Or at least to be able to set ones prefs so that such a column is displayed or not.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    View JellicleCats's Feedback (+1)
    All-About JellicleCats
    View JellicleCats's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Bumping again...:-)
    As a buyer I've always actively looked for specific items and then sifted through results for those that have bids. Why? Because it's a starting point for comparison. As a seller, it's always good to see that for at least one buyer both the quality and price are right. And like RainbowSeeker I believe that shown bids increase the awareness and interest of other shoppers.

I've added my vote to the yesses.

Glad to see so many more votes coming in. Please don't be afraid to add your comment on this too. There have been some excellent comments and I am gratified to be part of this community. Your comment, positive or negative, is welcome amd adds to this community so take the opportunity to let your voice be heard.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seeing bids is more exciting! I find myself searching an item just to see if there are any bidders/activity. Just seem natural to be able to see bids.

Quote Originally Posted by JellicleCats View Post
    As a buyer I've always actively looked for specific items and then sifted through results for those that have bids. Why? Because it's a starting point for comparison. As a seller, it's always good to see that for at least one buyer both the quality and price are right. And like RainbowSeeker I believe that shown bids increase the awareness and interest of other shoppers.

I've added my vote to the yesses.
    I'm a yes too. Actually I like to bid on items that have 0 bids! Grabbing that bargain nobody else is competing for!

But then I've always been an awkward cuss!

Whatever your preference, being able to see bid counts can only be good. Even better if columns displayed are configurable, so the occasional user with a narrow screen can suppress the ones they don't want.

Thumbs up Totally agree

Totally agree. As for me eBid can even replace "View" column in results with "Number of bids" column if there is no space.

Thread Information