Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

I like the idea of highlighting in some way the items that have current bids, even if the red 'R' box just goes green - anything that will spark some more interest from potential bidders.

I don't want to see lots of extra columns though - that would clutter the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    I like the idea of highlighting in some way the items that have current bids, even if the red 'R' box just goes green - anything that will spark some more interest from potential bidders.

I don't want to see lots of extra columns though - that would clutter the place up.
    Seems to me that it wouldn't require much tinkering to make a change of colour when there is a bid on an item and I agree, it doesn't need extra colums

Glad to see all the comments here and all the votes. In defense of a column....have any of you done a search and when you clicked on your list been kind of suprised you couldn't see ANY bids at all....next to the results?

Just try one once. You see a column for # of items available, a column for # of views, a column with payment options, and a column with the sellers name....but none with bids. IMHO 2 columns you are showing now are not necessary....the items available and # of views.....neither are ever seen normally except on the interior of a listing on most auction sites ....it's information you normally click the auction to see. You easily could make one of those columns bids instead and eliminate the other column all together giving you "space loving" people even less clutter. Bids generates excitement about a site. Too many "views" can indicate stale merchandise. And really.....who cares how many are available.....if you are interested in multiples you are going to read the auction anyway. IMHO

Smile

Just a bump to see if anyone would like to voice their opinion yet and vote.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

At one time i would of thought "fantastic idea" but now im not so sure.

There is actually a way to see "busy" auctions simply by cllicking the "popular auctions" tab on the front page . why not just bookmark it?

The reason im swinging to against the idea, is because there are enarly 70000 listings and less than 10% have bids on.........would that really be that encouragin for new sellers? maybe not, and as most have pointed out, if there buys are comming via buy it now anywaw............
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

If you look at the help page here > http://uk.ebid.net/help_bid.php#12

there is supposed to be a "b" icon showing when an auction has one or more bids but it's not being used. I did a thread about it a long time ago in this forum but no action was taken or explanation given

Hi there...I'm a very newbie!. Just some personal feelings and observations
    I found it very unnerving as I saw absolutely NO bids anywhere on my first visit!!! I thought...Oh Dear! no sales anywhere... until I started finding my way round which is still on going after a week.. Just an small indication like change of colour would be fine...details of the sale are the business of bidders and seller.
    Some indication of sales activity I think would be encouraging to prospective sellers rather than no signs at all.
    People HATE change and I must admit I have found this last week quite difficult and frustrating....NOT because YOU have got it wrong....but because I had to learn a new system. Many people especially buyers want INSTANT understanding and satisfaction I do feel an indication of sales activity would flash up that this site is actively selling and so create interest.
    Also Some categories that I sell under especially, the collectibles...do not lend themselves to buy it now... These items really need an auctionn to determine their current value.......antiques like other things go in and out of fashion very rapidly depending on what people see on the TV antiques programmes!!!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

I think this is a really good idea. In the early days when there wasn't a lot of activity perhaps it wouldn't have been productive, but it should be now.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information