Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    But bids showing is kind of like INSTANT GRATIFICATION - UP FRONT IN YOUR FACE for a searcher. "Wow.....look at this!!!!"....that kind of thing....:-) Again...IMHO....
    Totally agree with that

Yes it would be good for the site although when I'm looking for something I'm more likely to use buy it now.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

I think it would be a good thing as the site is getting bigger. I've asked about it before. Maybe it could just be shown by a colour change when a bid comes in? I think it does generate interest and would even help sellers increase their chances of getting more bids on an item.

I also find it frustrating to click on an item and find it does have a bid if I had a set price in mind. That can make a buyer feel like he just wasted his time too. So that would be another reason to make the bids more visible.

Forum Newbie
    All-About agiftmaker
    View agiftmaker's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too agree, it would be much better to see what has bids ect. Like you said, human nature for one, and also I think for sellers, they want to see what the competition is , what is selling what is not ect.

A suggestion I would think would be fairly easy and would work, is that if an item has a bid, have the price show in green instead of red. this allows for easy recognition as to what items have bids and which do not..

Forum Newbie
    View kescrafts's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kescrafts
    View kescrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it would be better to see if items have a bid. Makes life easier :-)

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I get all my sales on BIN. I try to make all my stuff appeal (in terms of price etc.) to the buyer who wants something now and who can't be bothered to either, faff around with auctions, or wait. Free listing on BIN is eBids key advantage! I'd be against anything that emphasized auctions at the expense of BIN (for the moment anyhow).

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I get all my sales on BIN. I try to make all my stuff appeal (in terms of price etc.) to the buyer who wants something now and who can't be bothered to either, faff around with auctions, or wait. Free listing on BIN is eBids key advantage! I'd be against anything that emphasized auctions at the expense of BIN (for the moment anyhow).
    As long as the search on this site includes items sold with BINS or with auction bids I can't see showing the bids on auction items as doing anything but make the site more attractive to buyers. You will also have the buyers who will aggressively search for items with no bids as being the real "bargins" and if your prices are attractive you will benefit too IMHO. So I see bids showing as a win-win for all of us. And again....this is advertised as an AUCTION site.....it says "Ebid Online Auctions" even here in the community forums. I'd think for some buyers who come here not being able to see bids at a glance could be confusing and a reason NOT to come here for diehards. If this is the case then we are all loosing. :-(

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry but the value of such a modification seems, to me, to be marginal at best. Just like lofty (#7) I steer clear of auctions with lots of bids. I don't find it entertaining to watch bidding wars (maybe slightly in a real auction). If I find something I like on auction, I put a snipe on it and forget it. I never watch the auction end. If it's on BIN I buy it straight away.

Maybe I've been doing this for too long!

Well you are on an auction site...so you must feel it has some benefit for you to be here or you wouldn't be here....right? Stand alone bins work, auctions with bins work and auctions without bins work and they all co-exist side by side here on eBid. You must feel people who bid on auctions also buy bins(stand alone or auction) and vesa versa or you wouldn't be here. So you should be able to reason out what might be good for the site as a whole....and I am suggesting I believe bids showing will help the site as a whole generate interest and excitement for everyone who has something for sale here...bin or otherwise. If auctions and bidding have no benefit for you then you would be selling at a place like eCrater where there is no bidding taking place....or have your own website. You get something from being here....if bids are more visible this could improve for you by attracting more buyers and sellers. :-) That's all I am talking about.

Thread Information