Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

101 'replies'
    an 84% yes vote from 81 pollsters
    over 2000 views.

Goth ........ add this one to the list!!!!

In fact it would be interesting if you were to start another thread and ask folks to put your list in order of priority - from which you could tot up the votes and come out with some sort of concensus as to what the majority feel should be the next tweak off the conveyor belt.

Although in anticipation of one particular answer I'm sure you'd get.......you'd have to put 'Additional Server Capacity' on the list as well

Quote Originally Posted by GilfidianRudge View Post

In fact it would be interesting if you were to start another thread and ask folks to put your list in order of priority

you'd have to put 'Additional Server Capacity' on the list as well
    LOL that's not a bad idea at all

I know that in my 'auctions I'm running' it's easy to see the bids because of the green tick but how about this, would anyone like to take a look at my auctions and say how many items are bid on?

To anyone browsing the list you can't tell unless you click on each individual auction.

All it would take is something like ... if item = bid on then price = colour green ... ok I know that's oversimplified but I really do not think it would be difficult to achieve.

I feel quite strongly about this as I honestly believe that a majority of individuals will automatically be nosy about items which already carry bids. It's kind of the 'what am I missing' thing and if they want the item they will then bid

Most people couldn't be bothered clicking through on every item to see if it has been bid on. I know that when the darkside took away the ability to tick the boxes at the side of the list so you could compare them it became a real pain for anyone on a slower connection to click through on every item in the list they might be interested in. This, without doubt, has reduced their STR (other factors as well of course come into play).

At a time when the darkside is messing up so badly with the searches etc it seems to me all the more important that it should be made as easy as possible for them to find items on eBid and to see which items have bids on.

My personal STR on eBid has just taken quite a leap upwards and we should all be crowing about the improvements here.

The guys are doing a brilliant job and obviously there are priorities they must have which are essential to the nuts and bolts of the site but showing clearly which items are bid on could increase the STRs and final value of the sales overall, which would be a great thing for the site.

It would be useful if we could be given some kind of timescale that they are working to, even if it was just to say 'we are doing x, y and z and can't consider this until ...

Mark, Gazza, please give us some indication of what you think on this issue, I, for one, won't bite

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Of course it is, I wasn't having a pop at anybody.

It was just an observation on my part about whoever had to decide these things.

Athough for me, this issue is not particularly important, I did vote yes because I understand it is important for many.

But,

so are (these are NOT in any particular order)

Removal of Featured as a default.
    The Postage Calculator (for US sellers)
    Ninja Lister
    The preview on editing
    The eBid API
    Holiday Setting
    Wanting Separate My Notices for each Store
    Print Invoices/Packing Slips Option
    Updating Categories more frequently
    Best Offer or Haggle
    Being able to see the number of Watchers
    Having a discount/sale facility
    Being able to do a bulk update for all, (or selected) listings.

They are the ones that spring to mind, I'm sure there are many more.

Every one of them has been raised as being important recently. Every one of us, if asked, would probably choose a different order of priority for implementation.
    101 'replies'
    over 2000 views.

In fact it would be interesting if you were to start another thread and ask folks to put your list in order of priority - from which you could tot up the votes and come out with some sort of concensus as to what the majority feel should be the next tweak off the conveyor belt.

Although in anticipation of one particular answer I'm sure you'd get.......you'd have to put 'Additional Server Capacity' on the list as well
    If I were to start another thread on this, somebody better at maths than me would have to work out the %'s

So far for my list I've got the ones I posted yesterday plus

Additional Server Space
    More Visibility for Bidding Activity

I missed off yesterday
    More Countries
    Let people from non-eBid sites join as Buyers only

The one that was very active a couple of days ago.
    Enabling a seller to list by Auction Finishing Time

Add the ability to edit existing listing to change type, add/remove "extras".
    Way of Bulk filling in AAL details.
    Have I missed any off?

I can't do a poll because it's restricted to 10 & you can't vary scores.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 10th July 2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

If I were to start another thread on this, somebody better at maths than me would have to work out the %'s

I virtually made a career out of getting my Maths O level

I think the examining board took pity on me in the end.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't do a poll because it's restricted to 10 & you can't vary scores.
    If you did a poll against an alternative improvement (say adding more country sites) you would get some idea as to whether this idea is genuinely popular. At the moment the poll is set up so that it asks, in essence, do you want an 'improvement' or not. Most people will say yes.

For myself, I don't subscribe to the thinking behind it. The idea that buyers search for items which already have bids seems to me to be slightly bizarre (I do the exact opposite). Buyers do get into bidding wars but I doubt that they go looking for items specifically for the purpose.

Kedo said: The idea that buyers search for items which already have bids seems to me to be slightly bizarre (I do the exact opposite). Buyers do get into bidding wars but I doubt that they go looking for items specifically for the purpose.
    I don't want this to get all twisted up....that's not what I, the original OP on this thread, said. What I said was that without the ability to see bids when a buyer comes to this site it looks like nothing is going on. Sellers find the same thing when they come in.

Now to a certain extent you can overcome that with friends by writing a long page detailing how you have to come in on the front page and search popular auctions to see what is currently being bid on, etc. But the fact is many new people are probably coming in on one of the links we all are putting out there to our various items. They come in....look at just our stuff and maybe conduct a search for what they are looking for.....and get a list that is long and again looks like no one is bidding. If you are a seller....you're gone and probably never click on a thing. If you're a buyer as you start clicking on things you get frustrated when you can't understand if there is a bid or not.

So for my part.....I think we need to show the bids. By showing the bids I think more interest will be generated in selling here and in buying here. A SIDE benefit is the excitement that is generated when item bids are visible and people get nosey wanting to know what others want. Hey how many times have you told new posters in the forums to get a link into their items so we could all "have a nose"? This is human nature and something this site could now be using IMHO to their advantage. Bidding wars get started.....lost items cause more searching for other items not yet bid on....etc., etc. That's what I said...

If buyers come specifically to search items already bid on or not....I don't know (actually that's what you have happening if someone does find the front page right now and figure out how to click the tab and search the site for the rest of the items with bids)....that isn't something I said and yes it is a bit bizarre.

101 'replies'
    over 2000 views.

I've stared another thread as requested
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=108346
    it's not fair to clog this one up.
    It's only out of interest, & for fun.
    21 changes/new functions on the list.
    So far nobody has listed all of them in order.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I've stared another thread as requested
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=108346
    it's not fair to clog this one up.
    It's only out of interest, & for fun.
    21 changes/new functions on the list.
    So far nobody has listed all of them in order.

Goth ....... what's going on...it's complete and utter chaos over there...........they're just not doing it right.

That was until SalusLibrorum stepped in.

And yes .......apologies to Rainbow for taking this thread slightly off course.

Thanks GilfidianRudge. I'm attempting here to get people to consider what the SITE as a whole needs....not just their individual seller wants. Instead I think we need to look at it from the angle of what the eBid site needs immediately to address the influx of people, both buyers and sellers, and to keep everyone of those people who come here HERE PERMANENTLY!!! I think being able to see the bids is good for everyone and important same as first impressions are important.........and now I am just repeating myself to an apparently vanished audience who are all over in the other thread making their individual wishes known.....sigh.....but so it goes...

Thread Information