Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[Quote]Sellers will never take the chances that need to be taken until they know the buying public is there. And how will they ever know this if the bids are always hidden??? And as long as they stay hidden the number one criteria for excitement generation of bid activity will never be met by this particular auction site and no savy seller is going to view this a serious auction venue. Come on ..... this isn't rocket science! [Quote]

I get tons of views. When bidders view your site they can easily see bids. I think there is much more involved in this issue than seeing bids. Although I also agree that seeing bids heightens the excitement and increases the chances that a sale will occur.

There is no way that a seller can know absolutely what a buyer will do. Therefore the issue goes back to the seller's willingness to take risks, and the commitment on the part of buyers to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. And commitment is not something you can force on people.

Well....one can only speak about one's own experiences and I am not arguing with you in any way shape or form. I've sold on the darkside full time for almost 10 years now and I depend on the income to pay my bills. I also should add I have sold over those 10 years in dozens of categories and specialize in several and I am a professional antique dealer in real life as well. I can only say what I see working, what has worked in the past, and what works for me yet today ....and of course no one has to listen to me.

That there are other issues....no doubt you are correct burgyeb....but as someone else once said you have to start somewhere. I get that you are also mostly in agreement with me here, so what we are having should be read as a conversation.

One has to pick the issue you think will bring on an immediate improvement that is most important in the moment. This "hard to see bidding activity" is that important issue for me .....and I see a great opportunity slipping away that makes me want to sit down and cry in frustration.

And apparently a lot of people agree if you consider the poll....but the powers that be are not responding. So I guess I just like banging my head on the wall.... And why do I do this? Because growing up I was taught you have to stand up for what you believe in. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. So I continue to speak up....and bang my head on the wall some more.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Rainbowseeker:
    I am actually totally in agreement with your comments, and this is a conversation.
    Most importantly I agree with the need to "stand up for what you believe in" ; it's called commitment. I feel so strongly about the need for commitment that it was the concept I did my thesis on. Too many people are unwilling to stand up or commit to anything because it involves taking risks.

I voted yes in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    That there are other issues....no doubt you are correct burgyeb....but as someone else once said you have to start somewhere. I get that you are also mostly in agreement with me here, so what we are having should be read as a conversation.

One has to pick the issue you think will bring on an immediate improvement that is most important in the moment. This "hard to see bidding activity" is that important issue for me .....and I see a great opportunity slipping away that makes me want to sit down and cry in frustration.

And apparently a lot of people agree if you consider the poll....but the powers that be are not responding. So I guess I just like banging my head on the wall....
    I really feel sorry for the poor devil who has to decide what new/changed functions get added to the site.

If the guys comment on a thread, to say they are considering something, they get lots of threads like.
    "When is ........... happening?" "Why are we still waiting for ..................?" " I'm fed up waiting for ......" " I cannot run my business until .............. is implemented." etc etc.

If the guys don't comment on a thread, they get complaints about ignoring what users want.

It's obvious to most people (I hope) that site issues, like the recent DoS attack, the IE6 forbidden problem, any other other glitches that arise, plus of course general support issues must take priority over site functionality.

I DO think it would help if there were 2 extra threads added to the News Forums.

Providing, of course, people read them
    • One for site/support issues that are being worked on.
    • The other for new/changed functions being worked on.

Bet it wouldn't stop the "When is .......... happening?" threads though
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Simply a conversation Gothicina.
    I hope it is Ok to post opinions on these public forums.

Thanks for dropping by Gothina.....and I think we all get that other site problems are ahead of any site changes or improvements .....as well as other promised functions. You have to expect people to whine though .....it's in our natures as people. Won't stop us asking for more improvements either or when promised ones might appear. And I'm sure as this site grows those headaches the whining and requesting and questioning cause will get bigger and bigger.

So....being a person who likes to have direct answers....are you saying the powers that be are listening? That's all I really want to know. And of course how many people have to vote yes or maybe before we get this put on the future list of improvements..... Humbly asking here....... I also accept if all you can answer is "I don't know" and I thank you or dropping by.....

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Simply a conversation Gothicina.
    I hope it is Ok to post opinions on these public forums.
    Of course it is, I wasn't having a pop at anybody.

It was just an observation on my part about whoever had to decide these things.

Athough for me, this issue is not particularly important, I did vote yes because I understand it is important for many.

But,

so are (these are NOT in any particular order)

Removal of Featured as a default.
    The Postage Calculator (for US sellers)
    Ninja Lister
    The preview on editing
    The eBid API
    Holiday Setting
    Wanting Separate My Notices for each Store
    Print Invoices/Packing Slips Option
    Updating Categories more frequently
    Best Offer or Haggle
    Being able to see the number of Watchers
    Having a discount/sale facility
    Being able to do a bulk update for all, (or selected) listings.

They are the ones that spring to mind, I'm sure there are many more.

Every one of them has been raised as being important recently. Every one of us, if asked, would probably choose a different order of priority for implementation.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Thanks for dropping by Gothina.....and I think we all get that other site problems are ahead of any site changes or improvements .....as well as other promised functions. You have to expect people to whine though .....it's in our natures as people. Won't stop us asking for more improvements either or when promised ones might appear. And I'm sure as this site grows those headaches the whining and requesting and questioning cause will get bigger and bigger.

So....being a person who likes to have direct answers....are you saying the powers that be are listening? That's all I really want to know. And of course how many people have to vote yes or maybe before we get this put on the future list of improvements..... Humbly asking here....... I also accept if all you can answer is "I don't know" and I thank you or dropping by.....
    OK well I guess you won't really like my answer then.
    I believe Gazza & Mark are always open to suggestions & that they work hard to improve the site.
    They do listen to members, but don't always do things as quickly as we'd like, they also don't always tell us what they are working on.

But the bottomline is
    I don't know how they decide on what to work on & when.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Well then I guess I am in for more of the same...

In all seriousness I do hope the bid visibility issue will get addressed soon because IMHO(and others) it is an issue that actually affects the growth of this site from both an auction sellers stand point and a buyers stand point and is therefore good for the site as a whole. Right now with the darkside stuggling....a door of opportunity is wide open. Thanks again Gothicina for your thoughtful comments ....

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

so are (these are NOT in any particular order)

Removal of Featured as a default.
    The Postage Calculator (for US sellers)
    Ninja Lister
    The preview on editing
    The eBid API
    Holiday Setting
    Wanting Separate My Notices for each Store
    Print Invoices/Packing Slips Option
    Updating Categories more frequently
    Best Offer or Haggle
    Being able to see the number of Watchers
    Having a discount/sale facility
    Being able to do a bulk update for all, (or selected) listings.

They are the ones that spring to mind, I'm sure there are many more.
    Too right, some of those are very high on my wish list!

Thread Information