Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Auction titles with mind of its own????

Unhappy Auction titles with mind of its own????

Anyone else having this problem...........
    When i list an item i type my title in the box as you do with the amount of characters it allows. When i have submitted listing i notice the title has got a few spaces appeared in words, thus knocking the end off the title because the amount of letters are exceeded. I go to edit, delete the spaces and put title back to how it was when i submitted, save it but when i view auction the spaces are back with end of title missing again!! What on earth is going on? I try to use keywords in my titles which aren't much good if a letter or 2 is missing. For instance i put 'book' but its listed as 'boo'.....dont think many people search for 'boo' do you??
    I'd be interested to hear of anyone else with this problem or is it just me??
    Lynsey

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy1980 View Post
    Anyone else having this problem...........
    When i list an item i type my title in the box as you do with the amount of characters it allows. When i have submitted listing i notice the title has got a few spaces appeared in words, thus knocking the end off the title because the amount of letters are exceeded. I go to edit, delete the spaces and put title back to how it was when i submitted, save it but when i view auction the spaces are back with end of title missing again!! What on earth is going on? I try to use keywords in my titles which aren't much good if a letter or 2 is missing. For instance i put 'book' but its listed as 'boo'.....dont think many people search for 'boo' do you??
    I'd be interested to hear of anyone else with this problem or is it just me??
    Lynsey
    Try taking out the * or replacing it with something else.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I've tried that......ive tried allsorts but still does it. It's driving me mad

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had that happen occasionally. Not every time, and when I edit it after listing it usually goes ok

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It happens once in a while, and always has, but I've never managed to spot a pattern. It's extremely infrequent for me. If it's happening a lot, it might be easier to spot the pattern - do you have any examples?

I can't see any pattern at all...it seems totally random

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's happened to me about twice in four thousand auctions. There's no way to correct it that I could find. Just start a new auction, copy the description over and delete the troublesome one.

Thread Information