Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

Cool More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

Hello....I couldn't find a recent thread specifically for this so I am starting a new one and I hope that is okay? And I think I am in the right place too...hopefully....

I have had a store here for about a year. I let it drop, but just reopened it about a month ago because of the many positive changes here. The RSS feeds ROCK by the way!

Since coming back I have had several items sell. I am doing my own experiment with what works for me and it is nice you have all these choices. Last night one of my auctions that is a relist got a bid. I am running it the old fashioned way.....low opening bid and hopefully it will get another bid or two. Until now I never realized the bids really do not show anywhere except in your HOT category on the front page.

I would like to request that there be a column created site-wide to show items that have bids. That would be in the SEARCH and on the seller search of AUCTIONS. Maybe you could make it optional to display in stores, but site wide I think it would be a good thing. The reason I say this is because it is human nature to be nosey and want to see what people are bidding on. It is also human nature to want to be the one who wins. :-) There is a lot of excitement that can be generated from seeing bids...IMHO.

Now before you guys all jump on me I did do some homework on your front page HOT category. If you click the tab at the top you will see there is over 2240 bids site-wide in HUNDREDS of categories.....so it is not like you don't have bids to show browsers. And by showing the bids I think you will encourage other sellers to list like items and bidders to get busy bidding! I know when I am searching and suddenly come across an item with several bids I get curious. Even sitting at a live on-site auction when all of a sudden bids start coming in fast and furious I sit up and take notice. I do think a lot of potential is being wasted by not showing the bids. And this is supppose to be an AUCTION site. IMHO this means you should be able to see the bids displayed prominently.

I'd love to be able to check my auction or store list and see at a glance WHO is bidding and on WHAT they are bidding on without having to click through to a dry list visible only to me....:-(

Okay....you all can start screaming at me now......:-(

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GH

dunno cos i sell most my items on bin

is it going to cause more clutter by doing this

i`ll let you decide

I think in the past it wasn't shown as most items had no bids so it made for depressing viewing, but it would be more useful now. I would also like to be able to filter the search results so you can see just auctions or just BINs if you want.

Have you got the RSS feeds working? I tried to do it, but they didn't display properly.

"Have you got the RSS feeds working? I tried to do it, but they didn't display properly."

Yes....I am using them on my squidoo lens here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/rainbowseeker

And if you click the link in my signature to the website hosted by pheebay for ebid you will see them in use there for over 30 sellers. You can still get on that website.;-) (It takes a $5 donation now though..)

I agree that the bids would be better showing in searches, It fires the interest to see how many bids are on an item and who you might be bidding against.

I can well understand that in the past, when sales were not as frequent, it was probably a plus but now bids on items seem to be increasing nicely - which is brilliant :-)

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a link to ebids 'busy' auctions on my about me page.

The only problem with it is it picks up dutch auctions that have had at least one item bought, and wanteds where someone has offered an item, even so i often use it to see what bargains someone else has found- and place a bid myself

I agree we should be able to search on 'busy' i think it's a good way to browse

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a good idea. Although I don't think it would help much; despite the increased sell-through rate most of the trade is BIN. Of my 20+ sales only one has been on a bid.

I can see the appeal for sellers looking to see what is popular. But by the time they had bought in stock the new item would probably have lost its sparkle. From a buyers point of view I steer clear of items that have bids; (I got carried away when I started buying on-line).
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    "Have you got the RSS feeds working? I tried to do it, but they didn't display properly."

Yes....I am using them on my squidoo lens here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/rainbowseeker
    It looks good on the squidoo lens. Do you have to code it to get it in there, or does it automatically show like that if you put in the url of your RSS feed?

It's really easy to add RSS feeds to your Sqidoo pages, I have my auctions showing on five Squidoo pages, broken down by category and sub-category.

http://www.squidoo.com/MapOfTheTarot

That one has my Tarot related auctions showing near the top. It's honestly nearly all done for you, you only have to enter the RSS feed url you want to display and tell it you want html to show to get the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    It looks good on the squidoo lens. Do you have to code it to get it in there, or does it automatically show like that if you put in the url of your RSS feed?
    You just have to copy the url into place fortunately for dummies like me. :-) And thank you very much for checking it out! I also have a module over on the lens to post a link to your ebid store or ID. The link again is:
    http://www.squidoo.com/rainbowseeker The lens is a very powerful SEO device!

For you guys using BINS....that's GREAT too and I can understand why you would probably not care then, but try to think about the whole site here and what can generate EXCITEMENT and show how far and fast this site is moving up the charts. IMHO bids on items do this....as does sell through rates, etc. But bids showing is kind of like INSTANT GRATIFICATION - UP FRONT IN YOUR FACE for a searcher. "Wow.....look at this!!!!"....that kind of thing....:-) Again...IMHO....

Thread Information