eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WOW JUSTbeen reported for mentioning EBID

Forum Lurker
    View JUNK1's Feedback (+15)
    All-About JUNK1
    View JUNK1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was a full on powerseller on 2 e(greed)bay accounts. I was gold powerseller on one of them, silver on the other.

Over 25,000 combined feedback.
    I used to pay average £1250 ebay fees per month on one and £1000 on the other.

I got 6 negs (first negs ever) on one of the accounts in 1 week after they introduced the new feedback system. 4 negs on the other account. I used to pay on-time.

They still banned me, and anyone that has ever logged in off my IP address onto their ebay lol. 5 of my accounts, 3 of my girlfriends and 12 various other family and friends.

That day ebid saw 15 new members from my family and friends.

Dan @ LozzyAcc

The brains of a 'plastic rocking horse' springs to mind, never mind eBid is pleased to have you on board.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

WELCOME .LozzyAcc, there lost our gain the welcome is to all the family. hope you all enjoy the site, they are coming over in droves at present.

Quote Originally Posted by LozzyAcc View Post
    I was a full on powerseller on 2 e(greed)bay accounts. I was gold powerseller on one of them, silver on the other.

Over 25,000 combined feedback.
    I used to pay average £1250 ebay fees per month on one and £1000 on the other.

I got 6 negs (first negs ever) on one of the accounts in 1 week after they introduced the new feedback system. 4 negs on the other account. I used to pay on-time.

They still banned me, and anyone that has ever logged in off my IP address onto their ebay lol. 5 of my accounts, 3 of my girlfriends and 12 various other family and friends.

That day ebid saw 15 new members from my family and friends.

Dan @ LozzyAcc
    That's mind boggling. Do they take account of whether your ip address is static or dynamic? If they don't, and if someone has a btinternet account or any other where addresses are reallocated, random punters are going to be blown out of the water by this policy.

Still, if all they want is to remodel themselves as yet another internet shopping mall, as many believe, their strategy of randomly strafing small sellers is a good one. Pity they haven't been frank about this with the shareholders though.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Latest in a long line?

Not in LozzyAcc's league but I had a falling out with ebay this morning and have moved to eBid. What did it for me was the completely unhelpful attitude from their customer servicesand the bonkers change to the search. I only put on the odd unwanted item so I don't think they will miss me much. I have listed my first item on eBid just now so fingers crossed. Bit concerned that there doesn't seem a huge amount of selling on eBid but the more of us that join and publicise it hopefully it'll get bigger and better.

Forum Newbie
    View FunCakesForYou's Feedback (+189)
    All-About FunCakesForYou
    View FunCakesForYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too was banned from e-bay and because of me, my husband's account is too. Oh well! I joined e-bid last month ( only 2 sales so far), but this morning I sent an e-mail to about 450 of my e-bay customers with my new account info in it. Maybe we can switch a few of them over! LOL

Default ill be joining later

i will be joing later as i have to my accounts to through today,
    i have never said anything untill on feebay about eid lets just see what happens.
    i do have a link to my website in all my febay listings and that website links to ebid on quite a few pages mybe febay will pull my auctions.
    i have sent a few emails to my buyers from the other side but had no luck yet,
    i am still waiting to make my first sale here. hopefully now i am moving most off my listing over here things will pick up,

i will also be mentioning ebid on febay a lot more.

Default I am emailing *all* by past buyers about ebid...

I am NOT ONLY going through all my past buyers at the other place, I have even METHODICALLY AND RANDOMLY gone through different catagories hitting the "ask the seller a question" and then proceeding to put ebid as cheaper fees, more user friendly, superior website, etc, etc, etc,,

I strongly recommend people to do this if you want more business over here - if ALL of us randomly send messages in different catagories to the big guys, perhaps the lower fees will attract them AS WELL as your past buyers...

I am also surprised the *other* place allows us to use paypal since they own it and it would kill sells here if paypal wasnt allowed.... I bet if greedbay really does start to get hurt by ebid they do this... I hear they sabatoged GOLDS AUCTION by crashing their servers repeatedly when GOLDS tried to make a bid against ebay...

GOOD LUCK EBID and I hope you sellers take my advice to heart and start to send RANDOM MESSAGES to sellers through "ask the seller a question" because ebid HAS NO MEDIA EXPOSURE IN THE USA AT ALL...

WISH they could get some advertising money like ebay did during the original auction wars between greedbay, yahoo and amazon... not to mention killing GOLDS auction off..

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post

If ALL of us randomly send messages in different catagories to the big guys, perhaps the lower fees will attract them AS WELL as your past buyers...
    When I received random messages from people on feebay I blocked them and reported them for spamming.

It's one of the options in the 'report' menu.

I run a business and don't want to be remembered on feebay as a spammer

Ebid needs our support, we dont have to put up with all that c*** from ebay.........Phil

Thread Information