1 1.15%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of the 'Run Until Sold' option

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only problem with Run Until Sold listings is that sometimes people list here, on Run Until Sold - and then promptly disappear.

As an example, I purchased a product, on a run until sold, paid for it immediately, then waited for delivery. A week later, no communication from seller, and no item. I emailed them through the system to get a response a few days later - 'oh, sorry, we forgot we listed there, and we haven't got the item anymore'.

They gave a refund, no problem - but they had FORGOTTEN THEY HAD EVEN LISTED ITEMS HERE!

It almost happened a second time - but I noticed that the seller hadn't sold anything for a while, and emailed to ask if the item was still available - I never got a response.

As someone suggested above, there should be a compulsory log in time for people who use run until sold - and if sellers aren't logging in on a regular basis, then a standard email to remind them would suffice. No response? Items de-listed. Simple.
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    As someone suggested above, there should be a compulsory log in time for people who use run until sold - and if sellers aren't logging in on a regular basis, then a standard email to remind them would suffice. No response? Items de-listed. Simple.
    Sound idea. Perhaps something along the lines of a weekly or fortnightly log-in (to allow for holidays), just to see if they are still alive and kicking as a seller.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Default Run until Sold.

Brilliant idea,

Especially for new equipment and for traders.

If Ebid is going to take on feebay it has to be different and offer something!

don't drop it, keep run until sold!

View lynxy's Feedback (+18)
    All-About lynxy
    View lynxy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    Compulsory logging in on a regular basis is a sound idea. Why should the minority spoil it for the majority. This is about choice, dependant on selling strategies used & it should stay
    I very happily incorporate the Run until Sold option within some of my listings. I find it invaluable as it sustains mine & eBid's presence on google. This method for me has already driven 11 new buyers purchasing on the same day or day after registration & all with immediate payment
    Last edited by lynxy; 11th June 2008 at 02:43 PM.

I agree completely with the above. It's an excellent idea, but needs to be monitored. Regular logging in is the sensible answer. As a Feebay refugee, trying to get a few stars by my ID I bought an item 2 weeks ago. I have not received it, nor have I had any reply to my messages, and the Paypal email address is invalid. So now what? I'm waiting until tomorrow in case they're on holiday, but after that? I have to start by leaving a negative? Oh dear, as it's the feedback system with ebay that has made me change over completely to ebid. But I had to buy another item instead of that one, as I wanted it fairly quickly. I admit to being used to having things by return of post from most ebay sellers. So I do hope ebid will take note of this and ensure the Run 'til Sold works efficiently. Same could apply to reposts as well. I have set mine to automatically repost, but anything could happen to me during that time. Hospital? Or even worse, one never knows, so a log in is essential.

Forum Lurker
    View brownfish's Feedback (+3011)
    All-About brownfish
    View brownfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like listing some of my items with run until sold and agree with the idea of users logging in at least every two weeks

The log in thing sounds reasonable.
    In the meantime, if you are thinking of buying a non expiring Buy It Now, why not drop them them a line asking directly if the item is still for sale ? - No reply in a reasonable time frame, no purchase.

I always look at eBid first, as I *REALLY* want this community to work, but to date I either haven't ever been able to find what I want, or if I have, it has always been considerably more than I can buy it from elsewhere.

Maybe it's just the things I've looked for so far - I hope so. I'll keep trying though but I'm not prepared to be considerably out of pocket just to get a bit of positive feedback - I simply can't afford that luxury !
    Visit my eBid shop :-
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/evingartrading-store-1

Electronic components.
    Clock subsystems.
    The Biodiesel Manual - A guide to the home manufacture of Biodiesel.
    Power Supply Units (PSU's)
    Various electro mechanical assemblies.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The idea of e-mailing first is a very good one; the only problem is that some people don't always engage their brains before pushing the button.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Me included lofty! I guess I'm so used to ebay I never gave it a thought. If I want run of the mill things quickly I go for Buy It Now items. Well, I've learnt a lesson I guess. I had already thought that I shouldn't have been so quick to pay. If I'd waited for an invoice or asked for a total amount I would have been alerted. So yes. Mea culpa.

Talking

Hi I like the run till sold option, it is especially good for all my accessory wear and items that I list, it is such a ball ache re-listing items over and over again, especially with the amount of listings I will eventually have here instead of 'there', so I would like it to stay

Lisa

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hot-Tottie-Fancy-Dress

Thread Information