eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I must not know what I am doing

Forum Newbie
    View buyer123's Feedback (+2894)
    All-About buyer123
    View buyer123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy I must not know what I am doing

I been keeping up with ebid USA and the listings are approaching the 1 million mark, which is great. But I have auctions running and I have yet to get one bid but lots of views, what am I doing wrong? Is is the mafia sunglasses icon by my name? Is it because I have "0" feedback?

It could be the zero feedback to help you get started add a signature link to your posts read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 I see on your About Me Page that the seller ID doesn't match your ID here, which may make people suspicious. You could perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the lack of feedback problem when I started. Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

No one can read your descriptions coz they're written over a stupid background like it's 1995 or something. Clarity and readability is important.

But apart from that niggle, I wish you all the best. I hope you increase the number of listings and keep plugging away, in the hope that each of yourb items out competes the competition in your categories.

We need to be aware that traffic to eBid is ligher than to certain other auction sites, but then the fees are cheaper, the options are more suitable, and the site is such a pleasure to use.

What marketing outside eBid are you doing?
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi
    your seller+ so you have 5 stores you are currently only using one store which has 20 items , most of us have found it a big advantage to list as much as possible to draw in buyers , use one store for used items you no longer need etc, maximise your exposure use what is available get all 5 stores running fill them up this way buyers will see more so your helping everyone on ebid , if you sell specific items find chat rooms about them natter away and plug yourself and ebid , it`s a case of you need to advertise yourself a little because numbers here are not even 2% of what is on wepay

Buyer123, good afternoon. I had a quick look at one of your listings and have to admit that I couldn't read most of the description as it faded right into the very busy, dark background. I also found it difficult to concentrate on the photos for the same reason. It is a shame because you have obviously put a lot of effort into the presentation. Is there some way you could improve the clarity without a complete re-jig?

This site is growing both in membership and public awareness so I am sure that your auctions will bear fruit. Good luck.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    It could be the zero feedback to help you get started add a signature link to your posts read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 I see on your About Me Page that the seller ID doesn't match your ID here, which may make people suspicious. You could perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the lack of feedback problem when I started. Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    ---------------------
    oh ken, in reference to the zero feedback issue....is there a way to carry over my feedback from the dark side so that i don't look like a complete, not to be trusted person ? i am sure that this question has been asked before but i just can't seem to find it anywhere. i am still trying to add a banner (have no clue where to put the html for that) and a button (have no clue where to put the html for the button either) thus, i am just completely lost, can't find anything nor the answers to my personal questions. if you could tip me off as far as bringing my feedback ratings over to the site of the light from the dark side, i'd much appreciate it.

thanks a bunch

As I said if you look at my listings you will see how I dealt with the situation. You cannot import feedback from the darkside. You need to go to User CP (at the top of page) then the signature bit.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I'm a newbie from t'other side too. Ebid is quite different I agree so it's a case of KEEP PLUGGING YOURSELF anyway you can LOL!!

Try emailing all your previous *bay customers, go on your chatboards and forums to let everyone know you're here, put links into web pages, blogs, myspace etc. Have fun thinking of ways to promote!

I'm sure if you brainstorm for a while you'll come up with some gems. Why not ask everyone you know for tips on promotion - eg what would make THEM visit your store?

I'd recommend buying a few cheap items to build feedback up. If you really don't want to do that then maybe explain in your listings you that are new, and give legitimate reasons why you are a trusted seller.

Hope this helps, let us know how you are getting on. Don't give up!

Life begins at the edge of our comfort zone!!

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi TheTreasureChest3, I can't help you with the feedback situation, but looking at some other peoples auction/ about me pages people are just saying who they were namewise on feebay (whether that's allowed on here or not I don't know, proberly a regular will advise:-)

I have 1000+ sales & 100% pos. feedback on t'other site - part of me wants to bring it over, but then I reckon this is a new start too. I've bought a few things to get my feedback going (miles cheaper than feebay too LOL), will buy more and keep plugging away.

I've not so far written in any listings or my about me page anything of my *bay sales/feedback. I'll see how I get on! Personally, and this is only my opinion, I'd rather buy off someone who'd positively completed 10 transactions on Ebid (buying or selling), than someone who'd completed none on Ebid but had loads of sales on Feebay.

Regarding your banners I had no idea how to do them until someone on here told me about cooltext.com. It does free banners/ buttons & they're easy to make too ( no HTML knowledge needed). Took me a while to get the size correct, but worth it. An Ebid forum search for 'banner size' should help you out.

If your're worried about coming across as 'untrustworthy' without *bay feedback, then maybe this question could help;

"If feedback simply didn't ever exist, how would you promote yourself as trusted and dependable?......"

Are you a fully registered business? Do you have a fair returns policy? If you are private, can people contact you for reassurance before completing a sale (ask a question section)? Is your ME page fun, friendly and likable, or is it just full of terms and conditions/ lists of lecturing policies? Do you offer any kind of buyer protection regarding payment (most online payment systems automatically do, take advantage and mention this?)

Hope this maybe helps:-)

Thread Information