Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Last Seen" Date update.

View bloss000's Feedback (+225)
    All-About bloss000
    View bloss000's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am concerned that my last seen details say I was here on the 12th at 8.55pm - however I have listed 2 items today so that is obviously not the case.

I am on here on and off throughout the day and evening and am constantly asked to log in - to view my auctions and to comment on here! How is it that my details are 2 days out of date?? This makes it llok less welcoming to prospective buyers than if I were here 'now'.

I find it frustrating that I constantly have to keep logging in - security or not, I think it has become a bit over the top. Sometimes I have to log in several times in the space of a couple of hours!?

This needs to be looked at and as first suggested on this thread - maybe update time logged in at least when listings are made and definitley everytime someone has to log in.

View bloss000's Feedback (+225)
    All-About bloss000
    View bloss000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is it broken?? Went from the forum to my ebid and had to log in; took several attempts, tried to leave shipping info - had to log in again and then after that log in page cam eup again!!

Gazza what is going on!?

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Originally Posted by johnwash1
    Why make "busy work" for people? That's what computers are good at.

Security? That depends on your circumstances and where your pc is located. "Always" is a bit strong, no?
    I have had my feebay account hijacked once and it took me a lot of time and headaches to sort it out, a lot longer than logging out once a day.
    And why do you believe that logging out once a day would have avoided having your eBay a/c hijacked? Why is this relevant?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    And why do you believe that logging out once a day would have avoided having your eBay a/c hijacked? Why is this relevant?
    On a lot of sites specially internet banks if you dont log out they will not be responsible for any thing that happens to your account.
    I dont find it much of an effort to log out of sites i have finished using.

On a lot of sites specially internet banks if you dont log out they will not be responsible for any thing that happens to your account.
    I dont find it much of an effort to log out of sites i have finished using.
    Right. And that's because if you walk away from your pc in a house you share with others... need I say more?

So I still say that you're being way too strong to say it's "always" a good idea to log out daily. And you've now given 2 examples to try to support your case, yet in the case of ebay you've not indicated whether your login state was relevant to the hijacking, and in the case of internet banking you're recommended to log out immediately rather than daily. I don't think you've thought this through.

Meanwhile, back to the main topic. I was concerned about this issue (because I don't log in, even though I visit the site frequently). But now I've tried to look for this display that buyers see, saying when I last visited -- I can't find it. How do I see it?

[stop press] OK, I've figured it out. It's not on auctions, is it? Just on stores? Yes, mine says I last visited on May 5th. THAT IS SO RUBBISH. Yes, this definitely needs fixing, but not by stupidity such as asking sellers to jump through hoops logging in and out.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 15th May 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Right. And that's because if you walk away from your pc in a house you share with others... need I say more?

So I still say that you're being way too strong to say it's "always" a good idea to log out daily. And you've now given 2 examples to try to support your case, yet in the case of ebay you've not indicated whether your login state was relevant to the hijacking, and in the case of internet banking you're recommended to log out immediately rather than daily. I don't think you've thought this through.

Meanwhile, back to the main topic. I was concerned about this issue (because I don't log in, even though I visit the site frequently). But now I've tried to look for this display that buyers see, saying when I last visited -- I can't find it. How do I see it?

[stop press] OK, I've figured it out. It's not on auctions, is it? Just on stores? Yes, mine says I last visited on May 5th. THAT IS SO RUBBISH. Yes, this definitely needs fixing, but not by stupidity such as asking sellers to jump through hoops logging in and out.
    My heads hurting

My heads hurting
    I'm sorry. Try this: http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction...-22&mo=auction

I would hardly say that logging in and out was 'jumping through hoops' it isn't very difficult, and if it indicates to my buyers that I am around, rather than a seller that cannot be bothered to check his store regularly, then I find it no inconvenience.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I would hardly say that logging in and out was 'jumping through hoops' it isn't very difficult, and if it indicates to my buyers that I am around, rather than a seller that cannot be bothered to check his store regularly, then I find it no inconvenience.
    Same here Ken.
    It takes all of 2 seconds to log out then log in again.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

That book was hard to swallow hope it does the trick.

Thread Information