Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What do you think of front page ads?

View amcveigh200's Feedback (+19)
    All-About amcveigh200
    View amcveigh200's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What do you think of front page ads?

Hi, I've already posted this thread but I think I put it in the wrong forum. Just wondering what buyers and sellers think to front page ads? As a seller I'm thinking about placing one but I'm not sure. I may be wrong and if I am please correct me, but, are the front page ads at the bottom of the page? When I log into Ebid I've got everything I need at the top screen, Log in link, my ebid navigation bar and search menu. I don't even consider scrolling down because I just don't need to. But are you a buyer? do you scroll down to look at them? Or are you a seller? do you advertise there? Any opinion welcome. Thank You
    SHARK TEETH AND A HUGE RANGE OF FOSSILS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/WORLD-FOSSILS

Hi
    I do tend to look at them every now and then. I think they also get featured in the main search results for a few days after they've been on the home page as well. This is useful as they appear top of the page.

However, I did list a few featured auctions in the run up to Christmas and they did not generate any sales. I tend to just use the featured auction for £1 - if you have a high quantity of an item to list as buy it now, the total final value fees (if you have a gallery picture) can work out more than the £1 initial fee as there is no final value fee for the featured auction (assuming you are seller+ lifetime)

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just adding my tuppence worth.

As a buyer, I head for eBid then select my country. I arrive at the front page and see eBid, eBid news, eBid ads, then I see Happy Hour auctions. Then I see words filling space (fun trying to get it to say your word if you feel the need), then I see job lots and then eBid stuff. I only hope eBid is making money out the job lots, otherwise I can't see the point of filling up prime space. If anything, I'd say that joblots should switch places with Frontpage, which are currently running down the left hand side. Then I would relegate the 'bumf' that equates to recent searches and the buddy points stuff further down the page, or even set up an eBid research section where we can find the various search tools, what's hot, what's selling where, who offers local collection etc, etc, etc... basically freeing up space on the front page for front page auctions.

I like the popular auctions, although I might prefer to call them 'ending soon' and do away with the ending soon section if the items have no bids. Anyway, none of this is from an eBid marketing point of view, it's from a buyer's point of view. As a buyer, I need something that grabs my attention immediately, as soon as I click onto that main page. From a selling point of view, I'd suggest trying the Happy Hour auctions before the Front Page auctions and see what response the front page gets, then decide.

Long tuppence worth, eh?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View amcveigh200's Feedback (+19)
    All-About amcveigh200
    View amcveigh200's Listings
    Forum Posts

Long yes, but valued, definatly. Thank you NYKMEDIA. That was the honest answer I was looking for
    SHARK TEETH AND A HUGE RANGE OF FOSSILS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/WORLD-FOSSILS

Thread Information