Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Newbie
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    View triggertoo's Feedback (+6)
    All-About triggertoo
    View triggertoo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

I can confirm that e-books are banned on the other side, I had a couple of e-books pulled off there, basically they were instruction manuals, but they were still removed, BUT they allowed me to continue to sell them if they were sold on cd-rom, or if I printed them and sold them as paper copies. Their reasoning is that they want you to provide something "physical" to sell.
    I was rather hoping that e-bid would view e-books on CD the same way, but when I listed a couple they were removed rather sharpish with warning.
    I guess that I can see their argument, but what I can't see is the difference between an e-book produced on a CD and an audio book, which as far as I can tell is allowed.
    I take the point made in one posting in this thread that there are loads of free e-books if you search for them and therefore why would people want to pay for them, but at the end of the day if you have something that somebody wants and they are willing to pay for it, then so what?
    Last edited by triggertoo; 3rd June 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by triggertoo View Post
    I can confirm that e-books are banned on the other side, I had a couple of e-books pulled off there, basically they were instruction manuals, but they were still removed, BUT they allowed me to continue to sell them if they were sold on cd-rom, or if I printed them and sold them as paper copies. Their reasoning is that they want you to provide something "physical" to sell.
    I was rather hoping that e-bid would view e-books on CD the same way, but when I listed a couple they were removed rather sharpish with warning.
    I guess that I can see their argument, but what I can't see is the difference between an e-book produced on a CD and an audio book, which as far as I can tell is allowed.
    I take the point made in one posting in this thread that there are loads of free e-books if you search for them and therefore why would people want to pay for them, but at the end of the day if you have something that somebody wants and they are willing to pay for it, then so what?
    I'm inclined to agree with you, provided copyright isn't infringed.

What's the cut-off point, if e-book CDs are not allowed, but audio CDs are allowed? I've often thought of selling Linux CDs for a quid or so -- more as a way of evangelising about a good system than as a money maker. But you can download Linux on the internet for free, is that a reason to ban auctioning a CD? I don't think it should be, after all there are a lot of people who don't want to tie up a slow connection for hours on end downloading 600Mbytes, or don't have a CD burner.

Is it? Isn't it?

We need to understand the underlying reasons that certain things are banned.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information