eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: be careful buying computers

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    your post makes no sense
    ????????????????? if you use escrow it has to be safe as the money will not be released until the buyer has item , the seller is protected from fraud too , nochex is not a escrow service ,

if anyone is selling expensive items and you want to buy it use your brains before hitting that buy button ask questions any good seller will accept escrow

if you ask i will give you a 100% safe escrow service provider
    What is the escrow service provider? I sell high dollar items, maybe this will help me get my items sold faster.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    With escrow (as I understand it), all the buyer has to do it say they've not received the goods when they have ie they're trying it on...
    If an item is of a value that the buyer feels the need to use escrow then the seller should be using a fully trackable method of delivery. That is a requirement of PPPay escrow usage.

For high value items I would not rely on 'Signed For' as that is pretty much a waste of money.

Read https://www.pppay.com/help_centre.php?mo=escrow and you may 'understand it' better.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have to be honest, I've never bought computers and/or computer accessories from any auction sites. Every time I upgrade my printer, I deal directly with Epson and get it far cheaper than any of the "branded high street stores" and cheaper than can be offered on an auction site, brand new, warranty and no cost to return if faulty. I even buy my ink carts direct from Epson now as they are cheaper direct than in hight street stores. I get my ink carst for around £22 for the set of 4, where as pretyt much most places charge upwards of £28 plus delivery, Epson delivers for free.

When I bought my new computer, I bought direct from PC World, bought a Compaq as I've always had good experiences with them and have found them to be decent computers and I've never experienced any problems with a compaq computer, I may be lucky there, or the fact that I know about computers, how to run them, maintain them, fix them if there is a problem and most typical computer problems are caused by the user anyway by them knowing nothing about actually running a computer so mess around with things they do not know anything about lol!

I know people look online for bargains, but on FeeBay, bargains are few and far between now, and to be honest, like many, I just wouldn't be comfortable buying my computers/accessories/software from someone on an auction site even if they are a proper independent computer shop, their delivery costs put me off for a start lol, along with some of their higher prices because they can't buy in bulk like places like PC World who get things a little cheaper than independents!

Anyways, Recorded Signed For is only really for typical things that are moderate in cost. Royal Mail would not cover a computer/laptop under Recorded Signed For as the cover is only something silly like up to £34 I think so you'd need to use a higher costing insurance, maybe the Special Delivery, not sure what it covers, but it does cover more expensive items. Royal Mail have different insurance options depending on the need of cover for whatever product/item. So the seller is a bit silly for sending such a highly priced item using Recorded Signed For as well as I doubt Royal Mail would cover loss/damage on such an item without the proper insurance level being paid for. I might be wrong, but it's been a while since I've looked up Royal Mail's every increasing fees for various services, Royal Mail's getting as bad as FeeBay lol!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information