Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: be careful buying computers

Forum Newbie
    View ckes101's Feedback (+3)
    All-About ckes101
    View ckes101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I am 0 rated but i wont con you

Just wanted to get this point across. I am a power seller on ebay with over 1550 sales. I am trying to move to ebid and consequently so far have 0 feedback here. Don't right us zero's off..some of use....NO most of use will aim to give you the best service you ever had!!!

Use the auctionfb site to get a little button on your auctions to show your dark side feedback, that shows you aren't a complete n00b at selling, and do all your shopping here. I decided I didn't like that 0 either, so when I needed something (don't buy things just for the sake of getting feedback) I looked here first, and if it was a suitable price, I bought it here.

The feedback soon goes up that way.

Buying a few things to kickstart feedback isn't a bad idea, though I can understand why some visitors get the wrong impression that this site is all about sellers selling to each other! Which it certainly isn't.

Feedback is just one of many aspects that people will use to judge an auction before placing a bid. Does the auction listing look as if it's been written by someone who has a clue? What price is involved? (I'm going to think very carefully before laying out 100 quid for a computer that might not be delivered or might have intermittent faults -- a fiver for a craft item or book, not such a worry).

Be careful when using escrow, don't go with the escrow proposed by the seller unless you already know its reputation. Many scammers set up fake escrow sites.

Ebid are tough on eliminating scammers, but some always slip through anywhere. There tends to be more risk of them with some types of goods than others. If you're not experienced, ask in the forums for advice about a specific auction. There are people here who'll respond as fast as a ferret up a drainpipe!

PS: if it looks too good to be true, maybe it is. Or maybe it's one of my auctions!
    Last edited by johnwash1; 21st June 2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: PS
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckes101 View Post
    Just wanted to get this point across. I am a power seller on ebay with over 1550 sales. I am trying to move to ebid and consequently so far have 0 feedback here. Don't right us zero's off..some of use....NO most of use will aim to give you the best service you ever had!!!
    I have no problem buying from someone such as yourself, as long as your description looks professional, makes sense, and you've put the effort in to take a good photo. Filling in the All About Me page is also very important for new sellers, defining a return policy and things like that; if it's a business seller then I would expect nothing but a totally professional layout with business name, address, VAT number, email and telephone contact details. If any of that is missing for a business seller then not only does it look bad, it's also illegal.

A way of confirming feedback on other auction sites is also a big plus, even if it's just a username and the name of the site.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Err, some businesses aren't large enough to have a VAT number, and the police have told sellers who sell from home, that they should NOT, in the interests of safety, plaster their home addresses and telephone numbers all over the internet.

Not every 'business' seller has premises, business phone lines etc. There are many small craft sellers who have none of the above, but who are just as professional in their outlook as those who have b&m shops.

I take it you don't buy much here then?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Not every 'business' seller has premises, business phone lines etc. There are many small craft sellers who have none of the above, but who are just as professional in their outlook as those who have b&m shops.

I take it you don't buy much here then?
    I don't have money to buy much anywhere!

But I take your point. Cottage industries are one thing, I was referring mainly to those who have business premises, shops, etc. I don't know how much turnover one has to do per year to count as a business, but I think one can do quite a bit on a personal level before the tax man takes notice.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Default Get in contact with me.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjaimo View Post
    i hope bidders will see this, im not sure of all this thread business etc.
    any way please take care when bidding/buying on ebid. i have just lost 2 lots of money for a laptop & a desktop. i don't know if im allowed to give their details or not. if you're interested give me a message. oh by the way, did ebid help ?? NO NO NO
    you sent me a message on one of my auctions, unfortunately i couldn't reply on time as the auction finished. i think i can help you start selling on the internet, if you are interested send me an email to salvador@likeu.co.uk.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Worldwide Megastore
    www.Likeu.co.uk or www.mrLikeu.com

I would remove your offsite links since they are ecommerce enabled, you don't want to get banned as soon as you start
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Errr ... while some useful points made here about using Escrow for large purchases, where has the OP gone, chaps? Note his only other post on these forums ...

Sabotage? Surely not ...

Cru
    x

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjaimo View Post
    i hope bidders will see this, im not sure of all this thread business etc.
    any way please take care when bidding/buying on ebid. i have just lost 2 lots of money for a laptop & a desktop. i dont know if im allowed to give their details or not. if youre interested give me a messaage. oh by the way, did ebid help ?? NO NO NO
    I haven't read the rest of this thread, but ebid 'help out' on these issues by providing a lot of guidance on how to avoid being scammed ( see the help pages) and onnproviding probably the best feedback system on the internet. The rest is up to the buyer to check before bidding.
    Buyers who check sellers feedback, the auction and photo, and the sellers 'about me' pages before bidding, rarely get stung.

Thread Information