eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tiffany Jewelley

Forum Newbie
    View greatnessv2's Feedback (+1)
    All-About greatnessv2
    View greatnessv2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Tiffany Jewelley

hi there, im just wondering if you guys would be interested in seeing more tiffany jewellery on the site? e.g pendants , earrings , etc

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

No Thanks As far as i'm aware Tiffany don't allow third parties to sell their products.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    No Thanks As far as i'm aware Tiffany don't allow third parties to sell their products.
    Is that true for the UK and EU?

In the US, anyone can sell Tiffany's stuff, so long as it is not fake. There may even be a problem selling Tiffany stuff as "new" - I'm not sure on this.

There isn't a problem selling Tiffany stuff on auction sites - the problem was that previous to the lawsuit Tiffany vs eBay, the vast majority of items were fakes. After the lawsuit, virtually every auction that didn't show documentation of authenticity in some fashion was pulled.

Still wondering when the verdict will come down, as it was due Dec 2007.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI Pg

If i remember correctly,and hHH will back me up on this i think, Tiffany do not actually supply in terms of wholesale etc to retail outlets apart from its own branches. So if you see any tiffany for sale outside "tiffany", then its either secondhand or fake.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Personally, I would NEVER purchase a high-end, famous maker/designer couture, item online, where I could not verify it's authenticity (COA's, dust jackets, tags, etc. CAN be forged/counterfeited), and see/touch it myself...but that's just me!

I read on the discussion boards (on that other site), that MANY buyers were aware that certain designer items are fake, but they wanted to create the impression that they were wealthy! However, it is still illegal (at least in the US) to OWN a fake designer item whether the buyer realized it at the time of purchase or not.

Forum Newbie
    View lizzie1959's Feedback (+28)
    All-About lizzie1959
    View lizzie1959's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default tiffany jewellery

your right pjs jeweler anyone can sell tiffany as long as its genuine from a genuine source
    the restrictions in britain are on wholesalers tiffany only ship to certain stores and do not drop ship but as the law is different in america there are firms that can sell to you from there but there not much cheaper than tiffany itself.
    not all tiffany is fake or second hand i have a few genuine pieces of tiffany in my draw still in all the original packaging thats never been out except when i looked at it an unwanted gift my son brought back from america with original reciept
    that technically would be new if i was to part with it.
    the only way to find out if anyone wants genuine tiffany on this site op is to list some but i stress the word genuine

Forum Newbie
    View buyer123's Feedback (+2894)
    All-About buyer123
    View buyer123's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have personally have spoken with the Tiffany Company and they stated "Tiffany does not wholesale any Tiffany products ."

I wouldn't even list the genuine stuff on an internet site. Tiffany are very hot on enforcing their rights and the hassle of authenticating the product would be too much. Better to take it to a reputable dealer and only buy from a reputable Tiffany outlet.

Thread Information