My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Use Ebay to Advertise EBID!

Hmmm, that gives me a wicked idea for a YDC auction. Nobody's going to complain when they've paid a fiver for a charity auction and later discovered the time machine they won isn't in full working condition!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybooks06 View Post
    To be honest - I get fed up with these negative replies.

I might be the only one who does this but I purposely avoid buying anything from posters who repeatedly post negative replies.

I have bought some excellent items here - all high quality and came with top notch customer service too.

I'm with you!

CrystalArtGlass, Allee9749-

I guess we could all sit back and be dissatisfied with what others dictate for us and merely COMPLAIN.

Some of us choose to take our future into our own hands and at least try to make a better situation for ourselves.

All it takes is some hard work, dedication, and a little hope.

Back when feebay was getting started, do you think sales flooded and money magically appeared for sellers?

No! even Feebay started somewhere! Think of all the folks who purchased stock in that place even though it was "a desert."

Now, I suggest you lighten up, be patient and WORK at making yourself successful!

You guys don't even have a signature or link so anyone can view your auctions. yes, seller to seller....but it is a start.

Also, try buying something from someone else so that when buyers do come, they see you have a feedback or two and may have a bit of trust...
    Last edited by GreenHorseGems; 12th June 2008 at 04:43 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About thewatergarden
    View thewatergarden's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Use Ebay to Advertise EBID!

ebay sellers are doing a pretty good job of advertising how ebay is slumping all on their own

Looking at website reviews on epinion, trustpilot, my3cents, the ebay user experience is tanking...

Looking at ebay message boards, sellers are seeing views and sales, tank

How could such a behemoth go wrong?

Assuming some 15,000 sellers (and their household) are being thrown off ebay a month for arbitrary dsr ratings, assume the bulk of them are long term sellers vulnerable to being targets for theft, competing sellers and cronies dinging their feedback, usps damage to parcels

Let's say on average those offended and insulted sellers are each known and trusted by on average 1,000 buyers who go looking for their listings when they look at ebay. When their fav seller is gone and they find out, they are going elsewhere to look for them

Those loyal buyers who trusted those ebay sellers may have gone on ebay to buy something once a month to look among their fav sellers (wild low estimate)

That's 180,000,000 active buyers, sales, gone. Elsewhere

Now while ebay impresses itself with a tide of noobs and junk sellers from china etc, they are not what the loyal buyers were looking for or want.

So the tide of junk goes up and the number of loyal buyers of ebay sellers with dreadful memories of ebay, go elsewhere. They can go to those sellers direct, yard sales, craigslist, classified listings, websites, webstore, ebid.net, bonanza etc

To discover, ebay is not so good of a deal then go tell all their friends and family

As someone who has been using ebay for 10 years or so, it's a habit for me to know what sellers to go search for. In a toss up between webstore, ebid.net, bonanza, which website do you think I'm going to choose, the website which my favorite well trusted seller despises and can't be found?
    Last edited by thewatergarden; 10th November 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: Use Ebay to Advertise EBID!

"they are going elsewhere to look for them"

Let us just hope that they don't look at Trustpilot, then

Thread Information