Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use Ebay to Advertise EBID!

Lightbulb Use Ebay to Advertise EBID!

We have just joined with ebid and are pumped about it!!!! We average about 50 items a month on "the other site". I can't afford to close down the store I have there so this is what I am doing: I put our business card with a note about "our other auction sites" in with the item that I ship. Just a "If you like what you purchased this time, check my auctions at EBID.com" and I list our store name. I figure its just one more way to get the name out there. We do have several loyal, repeat customers who might like a change of pace. Most of them are sellers, too.

The fact is, ebay is big, they get a lot of traffic, and you can find just about anything for the price you want to pay. It is going to take a while to fully get away from there. Chances are, it will always be here wether we like it or not, (just look at Wal-Mart!). But it does not have to be the only place to buy or sell. I think there is room for improvement.

I have actally lowered my prices to list here because I don't have to pay all the fees associated with ebay. There are some items I can take a hit on just to get people hooked here.

The more we let our customers know about the options, the better off we'll all be.

We're glad to be on board.

Donna
    Cole's Amry Surplus

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hellooooo Donna & a huge welcome to ebid

Putting flyers into parcels is one of the tried & tested means of bringing our customers over here

There are loads of other "scheming" ideas around the forums.....think most of us use more than one

Welcome aboard......any problems....just shout up.

The natives are friendly here lol

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by ColesArmySurplus View Post
    ... check my auctions at EBID.com" and I list our store name.
    Bzzzt! I sure hope you DON'T send them that!

It's ebid.net. Ebid.com is owned by someone in Florida.

Don't feel bad about it, lots of people make that slip, but it's something that really has to be watched for.

Welcome to eBid!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Default OPPS avoided

I checked, my flyer says .net wheww. that was a close one. ebids has lots of sellers, we can keep working on the buyers!

Forum Lurker
    View MosPostcards's Feedback (+16495)
    All-About MosPostcards
    View MosPostcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Promoting Ebid on Ebay's 5p Listing Day

Hi,
    Although I have closed my Ebay shop I do still list postcards on their 5p listing days. I am listing quite a few postcards today which will be promoting Ebid through the wording on my listing. This is what I am putting on my listings. The wording is very big and bold and it is hoped this will bring a lot more people across to Ebid over the next 10 days.

70,000+ POSTCARDS TO VIEW & BUY ON ANOTHER POPULAR AUCTION SITE.

CONTACT ME FOR THE WEB ADDRESS (or Type in the word 'auctions' in Google and look for the 4 letter auction site that reads 'dibe' backwards.

AS JUST ONE SELLER I HAVE 19,000 CARDS ranging from 25p upwards. WE LIST HUNDREDS OF NEW CARDS EVERY DAY. COME AND JOIN US. DON'T MISS OUT ON THAT ELUSIVE POSTCARD

The postcard sellers have real photo's, topographical, subject, foreign, modern and lots of vintage postcards.

New postcard dealers joining all the time

.................................................. ....................

Mos - they might even last 24 hours before getting pulled but well worth the effort.

Forum Lurker
    View MosPostcards's Feedback (+16495)
    All-About MosPostcards
    View MosPostcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Fingers crossed

Thanks Bluefincircle. I have done this before and not one of my listings got pulled throughout the 10 day listing. I only had about 5-10 listings then. This time I already have 150 listings promoting Ebid. Not all my listings are promoting Ebid because if the others get pulled I will still be able to pay for those listings that do. I am a great believer in that if you don't make the effort you don't get anywhere.
    Based on the last time I did this on a much smaller scale I am confident that quite a number of people will take a look at Ebid and the obvious opportunities that awaits them.
    All the best
    Mo.

You should check out this Feebay auction I've had up for a few days now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130218460469

to eBid, you are going to like it here after feepay!!
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman76 View Post
    to eBid, you are going to like it here after feepay!!
    Not if I can't sell anything, I won't!

And so far, it ain't looking promising!

Thread Information