Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Check out rhinestonecowgirl's auctions!

Angry Check out rhinestonecowgirl's auctions!

I have had my auctions up for quite a while and will be putting more jewelry on but before I take the time and trouble to list more...............what is wrong with my auctions? I have been here since the end of February and have not sold anything yet. I don't think my prices are unreasonable (I DO have to make a little profit) and my shipping is not inflated.
    Have to leave for a bit but will be back to see all the great advice you have!
    Thanks!

rhinestonecowgirl

Sorry I'm very new and I don't know how to view your shop, I can't see a link to it from your post.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Watch4Bargains
    View Watch4Bargains's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Newbie issues

Hi!

I'm having the same problems! I think my store looks good and appealing, and it promotes confidence but I'm not getting this response from people viewing my items.
    I'll look at yours, you look at mine :-) and maybe it will help to get a second opinion.

Thanks!
    Patrick
    Watch4Bargains

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Guys,

Sorry if you thought you were being ignored but most regulars don't scroll this far down. If you've got any questions, post them up in the 'help' forums and you'll get a much quicker answer. Also, think about how your title will look to other forum members. With the title, "Check out rhinestonecowgirl's auctions!" and a grumpy emoticon, I thought rhinestonecowgirl must have been breaking eBid's listing rules.

You'll find a lot of good ideas about promoting your eBid shops and listings on the selling and promoting forums but I'll give you both a couple of quick pointers.

Add a link to your auctions in your signature so people can jump to your listings quickly.

Put some of your auctions on a countdown so they appear on the first pages of the search results rather than near the end. Countdown auctions also get picked up and displayed on the front page and forum side bar when they're nearing the end.

Rhinestonecowgirl - Make your items available internationally. The UK is eBid's most established market and with the exchange rate in our favour at the moment, many people are looking to the States for bargains. Also, check your listings for mistakes in spelling and grammar. If I'm torn between two items and everything else is equal, I'll go with the person who has checked their listing before posting it. Your - belonging to you. You're - contraction of you are.

Watch4Bargains - I don't know much about selling watches but one thing that puts me off is stock photos (that goes for everything, not just watches). If you have the watch in your possession, take a photo of it. If the photos not that good show the stock photo as well. I was also concerned about the photos on this item 1209322232-29450-0 . Why have they been cropped? Things like that on expensive items make me wary. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your watches, just letting you know that it looks odd and could be off-putting to potential buyers.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information