eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you shifting your VHS?

View (am)'s Feedback (+196)
    All-About (am)
    View (am)'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    No-one wants VHS videos any more, unless it's something that hasn't been released on DVD, in which case it might sell. I sold a vid about George Gershwin, to my surprise, for over £5 on eBay, and a series of Poldark likewise (Even though that has been released on DVD, but of course most of the dvd generation haven't heard of it).

Rather than take them to a charity shop, I think it would be better to source a recycling plant where the materials in the video can be recycled.
    Please don't tell my Amazon customers that will you, they seem quite happy to pay me between £8-£23 each for videos plus p&p

Quote Originally Posted by (am) View Post
    Please don't tell my Amazon customers that will you, they seem quite happy to pay me between £8-£23 each for videos plus p&p
    I take it you have all the movies that didn't come out on dvd then. Mostly the darn things can't be given away. I have several boxes full that the shop couldn't sell (I get most of their cull and rejects and try to sell them online). I can't hope to list everything that gets thrown at me, so if you'd like to buy them wholesale off me, I'll list them in the wholesale lots section.

I suppose there must be a couple of hundred stashed around the house. Would you be interested?

PS. My husband is a Tetris fiend too, he spends 40 mins to an hour on a game and last I heard he got to level 15 and nearly 460,000. Mind you that was 6 years ago, I haven't heard any more since. Not as good a score as yours though, is that on a Gameboy or online?

View (am)'s Feedback (+196)
    All-About (am)
    View (am)'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    PS. My husband is a Tetris fiend too, he spends 40 mins to an hour on a game and last I heard he got to level 15 and nearly 460,000. Mind you that was 6 years ago, I haven't heard any more since. Not as good a score as yours though, is that on a Gameboy or online?

That Tetris score is from the eBid Arcade there's a link further up this page. Your hubby should do well there, a top 3 place I would think. Other games are available too, I haven't played for a while now but would return to defend my title if needs be

I'll send you a PM about the vids.

Unhappy

Ouch it doesnt sound good for my music videos then.

Looking for that Holiday caravan at Fantasy Island.
    In Ingoldmells near Skegness.
    6 berth double glazed spacious static caravan.
    Then click below to visit my store.

http://skegness-caravan-holidays.ebid.net/

New and nearly new clothing accessory bargains
    http://tops-shoes-coats-boots-to-go.ebid.net/

Why not become an ebid member

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....=register-main

There's a VHS copy of Goldeneye that I think has been listed on eBid for. . well since forever. Everytime it rears it's head in the search listings, I think who the hell is ever going to buy that?

at our local car boot sale they are 5 for a £1

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Smile Hello!

I'm a HUGE fan of VHS. I have hundreds of VHS videos in my private collection. Before I came here to ebid a couple months ago, I was still selling VHS on FEEbay and doing fairly well.

The bottom line is if the movie is out on DVD, forget it, it's pretty much worthless on VHS. however, there are many (a lot more then you might think) films and TV shows on VHS that have never been released on DVD, and those will still sell for $5, $10, $25 or more depending on how rare the film is.

I've found that it's always been worth buying large lots of VHS at yard sales and thrift shops (thats car boot sales and charity shops for my friends in the UK) and pulling out the few rare titles and selling them individualy and then selling off the not so rare titles in lots of 10 or 15 videos.

If you go to the IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) dot com site and type in the name of the film it will tell you what formats (VHS, DVD, ect) the film has been released on. If it's never seen a DVD release, it's worth listing.

It's the same deal with vinyl records... if it's on CD it's usually worthless, if not, you might have a small treasure.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to admit to still buying VHS. But I am choosy as to what I watch, so a lot of the ones I see here are just not for me

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Since my video player died I've managed to give away most of my tapes, including a lot of home-recording "blanks" (mostly with whodunits on at the moment), but the last box of 40 I literally cannot give away - been on freecycle twice. It will be such a wicked waste if they have to go in landfill!

Thread Information