Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you shifting your VHS?

Default Are you shifting your VHS?

I have had a few VHS listed on here for a while now. Most at just over a quid more than the cost to ship. Is anyone actually finding that they sell at all anymore? I sold one on Amazon about a year and a half ago. After fees and posted I got about 40p if I remember correctly! Even though the buyer was charged quite a lot (thats Amazon FVF for you!).

I am not moaning about eBid, just wondering if anybody is selling them successfully. I wouldnt buy one unless the film had not been released on DVD! And I think that these days many must be like me. I am thinking that a trip to the the charity shop may be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    I have had a few VHS listed on here for a while now. Most at just over a quid more than the cost to ship. Is anyone actually finding that they sell at all anymore? I sold one on Amazon about a year and a half ago. After fees and posted I got about 40p if I remember correctly! Even though the buyer was charged quite a lot (thats Amazon FVF for you!).

I am not moaning about eBid, just wondering if anybody is selling them successfully. I wouldnt buy one unless the film had not been released on DVD! And I think that these days many must be like me. I am thinking that a trip to the the charity shop may be the way to go.
    A lot of charity shops won't take them anymore, as very few people want them.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Except for any title that for some reason has not yet been released on dvd, I think VHS/Beta (along with music cassettes) will for the most part be joining the 8-tracks and other legacy tape recording formats in the landfills soon. Even CED's and Laserdiscs get very little run.

As wizbooks states, they're becoming hard to give away.
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

I have loads that i purchased over the years, but never watch them now (2 are still sealed up).

Would love to get rid of them but no success, i think i may have to actually do a car boot sale to get rid of them, unless there is something out there that catches your eye.

Now that's a thought Amazon, didn't know you can sell on there, have to check that out - is it easy?

Christine

I wouldn't bother with a car boot sale. Last one I went to, people were having trouble shifting videos at 10 for £1!

And this was in Somerset. Not exactly fussy clientèle.

I just gave the 30-odd videos I still had left to the local Charity Shop a few months back. I figure I'll get it back in karma sooner or later.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Specimen17-Trading - For all your Transformer needs, figures and accessories old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen-17 View Post
    OOoo you can go off people

I got rid of a whole lot on a freecycle site. freecycle.org
    There may be one in your area.

I wouldn't bother with a car boot sale. Last one I went to, people were having trouble shifting videos at 10 for £1!

I just gave the 30-odd videos I still had left to the local Charity Shop a few months back. I figure I'll get it back in karma sooner or later.
    People in Somerset have VHS? I thought the Gramophone was still the weapon of choice for people living in the 19th century!

Your poor charity shop, it's probably cost them to have them taken away. I know that's what used to happen in the one I get my books from, until I came along. (I'm selling their overflow and passing part of the profit back to them).

No-one wants VHS videos any more, unless it's something that hasn't been released on DVD, in which case it might sell. I sold a vid about George Gershwin, to my surprise, for over £5 on eBay, and a series of Poldark likewise (Even though that has been released on DVD, but of course most of the dvd generation haven't heard of it).

Rather than take them to a charity shop, I think it would be better to source a recycling plant where the materials in the video can be recycled.

Thread Information