My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 3/30 Hi I'm New Here.........Question Please

Default 3/30 Hi I'm New Here.........Question Please

I am a scrollsaw pattern designer and planned to sell my patterns on here but I notice that ebooks aren't allowed. Since my patterns are digitally delivered (email) will they be allowed?

I don't want to break the rules, but that's why I signed up. Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated.
    Happy Days,
    ChristinaE

Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View ohhpretty's Feedback (+84)
    All-About ohhpretty
    View ohhpretty's Listings
    Forum Posts

hiya and welcome,
    sorry I can't help but it might be best to ask the question in the selling forum,loads there will be able to help you
    Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaE View Post
    I am a scrollsaw pattern designer and planned to sell my patterns on here but I notice that ebooks aren't allowed. Since my patterns are digitally delivered (email) will they be allowed?

I don't want to break the rules, but that's why I signed up. Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated.
    Happy Days,
    ChristinaE
    Sorry but on here you are not allowed to sell anything that is just an emailable product.

If you look at the t's & c's it does tell you there. #29 http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#28

However, there's nothing preventing you from putting your patterns on a CD and selling that.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    However, there's nothing preventing you from putting your patterns on a CD and selling that.
    I would disagree to a point if you look at the link it says a bit further down that copies of media etc are not allowed either,
    Unless you are solely selling your own design, then if that is the case I would email support@ebid.net and explain what you want to sell, and that it is your own work on cd. If you do not do this beforehand you may have your account put on hold.
    The support team on hear are human and you will get a human reply within a few hours, sometimes a lot quicker depending on how busy they are.
    Keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaE View Post
    I am a scrollsaw pattern designer and planned to sell my patterns on here
    Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    I would disagree to a point if you look at the link it says a bit further down that copies of media etc are not allowed either,
    Unless you are solely selling your own design
    I thought the clue was in the OP.

There's no problem in selling work that you own the copyright to.

I have to admit I also checked with support before I joined Ebid over something similar.... their reply was nothing that "can" be sent via email is allowed even if you transfer it to cd or the written word so I think the answer might be no....

however if you were to produce the finished item and sold that it would be ok (I think)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I have to admit I also checked with support before I joined Ebid over something similar.... their reply was nothing that "can" be sent via email is allowed even if you transfer it to cd or the written word so I think the answer might be no....
    Better tell the book sellers to stop then.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Better tell the book sellers to stop then.
    I ment as in a letter

Thread Information