eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have upset my neighbours - advice please?

"it isnt wise to say that to a sister of a lawyer"

Genuinely humorous. Thank you.

Hi, sorry you are having trouble with your neighbours... maybe i have a completely different take on it all though...
    having a war with your neighbours, revenge, calling the police etc. can and may, in all honesty, make your own life hell... The behaviour sounds apaulling.. I am in no way excusing it.. but what i would suggest comes from the old saying.. keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

i would first go all out to achieve this.... a sorry card through the door..
    a new hedge left on their doorstep wrapped in a bow... go out your way to lull these people out of the anger and confrontation... some people take their unhappiness out on others cause they have no other way of expressing themselves..... maybe you can then avoid an all out neighbours from hell war...

Just another suggestion, playing devils advocate.. good luck with it all!!!

Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View finedondandy's Feedback (+26)
    All-About finedondandy
    View finedondandy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a quick update seeing as this post has had some recent replies....

.......they have planted 5 connifers (leylandi?) on their side having marked the boundary with blue string first. If they grow tall they will get their privacy but at such a cost - they wont get any sun at all - still thats their decision. I am glad that I did it as regardless of what type of tree they are it just looks so much better now. Also the minute a single leaf comes over our side of the blue string I will be out there with my nail scissors! Dont worry this time I will follow the law to the letter and will place any trimmings neatly on their doorstep - just hope it doesnt become an obsession! - LOL!!!

Tammy

p.s. - I say hello but they ignore me - shame but hey it dont worry me!
    Fine and Dandy but busy as always!

Visit my craft store;
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/finedondandycrafts

You Need to be careful with trimming the hedge as like everyone has said you are entitled to trim your side but legally the trimmings actually belong to them and as such must be given back to them, perhaps wrapping the trimmings in a bow will placate them.Some coucils dont like leylandi so it may be worth having a chat with them, failing that just burn the f£$%£ers house down,
    I had trouble with old neighbours my son was 8yrs old and kicked his ball over the fence 1st time it had ever happened, I told him and his cousin to go and apologise and ask for ball back very politely before they even had chance to get there the woman was at our front door with a fork held to the ball threatening to pop it!
    My wife is only small and she answered the door I on the other hand am far from small with the patience of a rabid stoat, the neighbours from hell had there own hell to deal with, guess what they didnt like it and moved out after only 6 months of me giving them grief,bullies dont like being bullied our street sighed when they left and i didnt even realise they were aholes as we hadnt ever talked to them , neighbors can be best friends or worse enemies so i dont get friendly with mine I am polite and thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by finedondandy View Post
    Just a quick update seeing as this post has had some recent replies....

.......they have planted 5 connifers (leylandi?) on their side having marked the boundary with blue string first. If they grow tall they will get their privacy but at such a cost - they wont get any sun at all - still thats their decision. I am glad that I did it as regardless of what type of tree they are it just looks so much better now. Also the minute a single leaf comes over our side of the blue string I will be out there with my nail scissors! Dont worry this time I will follow the law to the letter and will place any trimmings neatly on their doorstep - just hope it doesnt become an obsession! - LOL!!!

Tammy

p.s. - I say hello but they ignore me - shame but hey it dont worry me!

[quote=finedondandy;683399]Just a quick update seeing as this post has had some recent replies....

Tammy

God those trees are horrid. They get so tall. My neighbours put some of them in when they moved here about 10 years ago. They are now the height of a full grown horse chestnut tree. Luckily they are not next door to me, but 2 doors away. New neighbours to me & them moved in last year, and they hate them. All their grass is dead, where it gets no light because of the trees.

Your neighbours sound terrible, and it must be horrible to live next to them. Try not to let them get you down, at least you have some nice neighbours as well. They are probably very sad people.

Jane

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Write down everything you can remember that happened, in chronological order, and file it away. Then if things blow up, you have an accurate record written near the time, and it things settle down it's filed in the back of a drawer and you don't need to think about again.

Then dismiss these idiots from your life and do something relaxing.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've got lovely neighbours........but not the brightest sparks iykwim.

They've planted a ruddy oak tree.....about 8ft from my garden walls All the info i've read says oaks should be at least 200mtrs away from property

Suposedly doing their bit for the "environment"

Hope they're well insured....cos they're gonna get the bill when the walls fall down!!

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    I've got lovely neighbours........but not the brightest sparks iykwim.

They've planted a ruddy oak tree.....about 8ft from my garden walls All the info i've read says oaks should be at least 200mtrs away from property

Suposedly doing their bit for the "environment"

Hope they're well insured....cos they're gonna get the bill when the walls fall down!!

Yvonne x

Eek! Do you know where your drains run? They're what gets clobbered most easily, and they can be very expensive to fix.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep I do.....had my garden landscaped a couple of years back and the builders took it back to clay

We have field drains, all going to a central point, away from my garden, and working on the theory that there's as much of a tree below ground as there is above I reckon this tree is just about to breach the drains on THEIR land.

The words "brains" & "dangerous" spring to mind

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmm... unless you know already, I'd suggest you check your deeds... responsibility for drains can sometimes be shared. It's not unusual for several houses to share costs of maintenance and repair for runs (if you'll pardon the expression!) of drains serving each house. But if so, this will be clearly stated in your property paperwork. If you've already got this covered and I'm teaching my Grandmother to suck eggs, don't mind me.

Thread Information