My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISBN numbers

I've suddenly had a few sales this weekend, and Amazon has now been outperformed by eBid over the same number of days. LOL.

It's not surprising that it's new people buying, there are a lot of new people transferring over, which means the community here is growing .

What kind of motorsports books are people looking for? I normally end up putting all mine into either the recycling, or into the wholesale lots for face to face selling. They're a dead loss on Amazon, incredibly slow (in fact I've never sold a motor sport book since I started selling on there - except for one, brand new, and very expensive rallysport book).
    Last edited by SalusLibrorum; 1st June 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post

What kind of motorsports books are people looking for?
    As far as I can tell, the people who buy motorsport books are more interested in books about the 50s and 60s rather than the present day. Also the more detailed and specific the better; a book about an individual driver or model of racing car is more saleable than a 'coffee table' book. The main problem here is that is not yet a critical mass of buyers and sellers to make eBid the obvious first choice so sales are likely to be slow at present, but I've still got a fair-sized collection to list

Ah, that's interesting. I shall keep an eye out for that type then, and not recycle/wholesale them. I seem to get an awful lot of slightly out of date giant books about Grands Prix, which are very nice, but hopeless to try and sell online.

Personally I think that "coffee table" books should be banned, along with Reader's Digest books, I mean, who buys these things new?

things can only get better

Reincarnation is just another repeat

oh I do hope so

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View lisa1301's Feedback (+5)
    All-About lisa1301
    View lisa1301's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Javaslublu_Books View Post
    Sales are steadily improving here - we've sold over 100 books and magazines this month. And there are a lot of newbies buying, probably trying to build up their feedback before starting to sell.
    Me, Me, Me..... I'm a newbie buying and I've got two books so far that I couldn't get anywhere as cheap on feebay! I'm liking the books for sale on this website! (Not that I want everyone to put their prices up though! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Ah, that's interesting. I shall keep an eye out for that type then, and not recycle/wholesale them. I seem to get an awful lot of slightly out of date giant books about Grands Prix, which are very nice, but hopeless to try and sell online.

Personally I think that "coffee table" books should be banned, along with Reader's Digest books, I mean, who buys these things new?
    I bought new "coffee table books" years ago because I was interested in the subject matter. Some of them are still fun. I start to go through them, intending to list the ones I don't want any longer, start reading, put them back on the shelf. I'm sure it depends on the subject matter.

I remember the Reader's Digest books (don't have any). I heard somewhere that even the thrift shops don't want them, so it might not be worth the time to list them here.

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

You just have to keep faith, keep listing, and the right buyer will come along. I think it is just what they are looking for at the time. As far as readers digest condenced books, I like to read them, still some good litature in them. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View lisa1301's Feedback (+5)
    All-About lisa1301
    View lisa1301's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am doing my duty and trying to help other users by adding all the details in from the ISBN numbers, to increase the database - Dedication I say - Well it must be because every single book I've loaded before is not in the database!!! Do you think they'll knock my 2% off if I sell any for being so helpful? lol

Thread Information