Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: this site

Default this site

good enough. I havnt had a sale to a brand new buyer since Friday. And in that time I've only sold 9 items to people who had bought off me in the past. I am going to go back to eBay where all my profit will be taken by listing fees, final value fees and paypal fees. I mean this month I've only sold £300 worth of stuff on eBid. As a part time seller this just isnt good enough. I would rather pay all my profit out in fees to help make ebay richer than list anything else on this site!

I am also annoyed that I have made 242 posts on this forum and I am still listed as a lurker! Its awful!

I cant think of a good word to say about eBid!

So there!

Oh, the eBid mug I bought with buddy points was nice. Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Mark; 3rd March 2008 at 12:37 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View HockeyBiz's Feedback (+3)
    All-About HockeyBiz
    View HockeyBiz's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I've mentioned in other posts, I would continue to list on Ebay and here also with a Seller+. You list you're items on here and let them sit and hopefully they'll sell. This site may or may not be popular in the future. I have only had a few views on my site compared to 100's on Ebay by now, but I'll list on both.

It would be great to sell here with these low fees. But I agree, paying fees on Ebay and making some profit is better than no sales.

And please don't someone reply that we need to promote the site! Yes we do and I do but Ebid needs to promote the site outside this small world we call a "forum"

Cheers

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    good enough. I havnt had a sale to a brand new buyer since Friday. And in that time I've only sold 9 items to people who had bought off me in the past. I am going to go back to eBay where all my profit will be taken by listing fees, final value fees and paypal fees. I mean this month I've only sold £300 worth of stuff on eBid. As a part time seller this just isnt good enough. I would rather pay all my profit out in fees to help make ebay richer than list anything else on this site!

I am also annoyed that I have made 242 posts on this forum and I am still listed as a lurker! Its awful!

I cant think of a good word to say about eBid!

So there!

Oh, the eBid mug I bought with buddy points was nice. Thanks very much.
    Oh you nearly got me there

Yep- me too
    It's terrible that i am allowed to list over 3500 items for free - and have them auto repost without me having to do anything.
    And to make things worse - ebid have the cheek to upload some of my listings to Google products where browsers from across the world might find them.
    And so far this month i've had to send out over 70 ebid parcels - Don't ebid care about my postage costs.
    I'm having to brush up on my German because i've sold to a new German buyer this month ( post office delivered in 1 day- well done!), and I've sold to Canada and the states too- luckily they almost speak the same language as me

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think, Hockey, you have missed English Irony in the OP.

While I would love it if ebid spent some more money on advertising, the site gets better every day. It will take a while for people who are looking for your stuff to appear here as most of the traffic is still UK based and we think hockey is played on grass with a white ball!!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Inversions, I know the Lurker sub title sounds a bit scary, I had it for ages, now its gone I sorrta miss it.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Yo Madelaine, it aint English irony its French irony. That is until the English part of my ancestry acquits itself by getting better at football.

Bloxbooks: I will never miss the lurker title. I want to be a master! Or at least an anglo french bruce willis!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

French Irony? fer-ony? whatever it was it was lost on our Canadian cousin! (and I have some of those.. we exported my cousins in the sixties)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

When we set sail for America, there were very few people there......................... now it is a huge country full of people with lots of money to spend! - have faith - ebid will grow, it may never be bigger than feebay but I bet in a year or so time there will be many thousands more members!
    GREAT VALUE HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
    FROM
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bargain-Warehouse

Madelaine, I guess that calling it French irony (or ferony (felony?)) was a little misleading as none of my family have been French since the 19th century. But, with a 100% French name, when the English footy team aint great shakes I feel a lot more French! But I guess that thinking I might be a cheese eating surrender monkey probably isnt that good either. Ooooh what a to do.

Thread Information