Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

@theElench

When I use to search on eBid (USA side), I would have to drop down the category menu because the membership info. box and buddy point box was below.
    I was surprised when those two boxes shifted to the right side.

There is also a "empty box" on the right side of the home page that had stuff in it. Now it's just a white outline box and nothing inside.
    Maybe eBid is making the USA site the same as UK site for ? ? improvements ( wishful thinking )

Name:  ahome (640x402).jpg
Views: 52
Size:  158.6 KB

" For a site where nothing sells, every time I look at it I'm amazed at the number and variety of items that buyers find and buy."

I like to look at the items that sell on the USA side.
    When I started, most of the items were trading cards and coins.
    Now I am seeing a mixture of dolls, dishware, books, clothing and more.
    Something has happened to see such a variety of items now. If sellers have moved from eBay to here and that they are using their buyers lists to send out promos, or using there social media that they have shops here.

It's nice to see the change of what is selling on the USA site, but it would be nice if eBid would do some overhauling of the site including other payments options, normal shopping carts and such.

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Etsy is now becoming such an unreliable site to sell on I would expect more Etsy sellers to consider trying eBid both UK and USA.
    Etsy is refunding buyers for any item bought for over £250, if the buyer claims not received - even when tracking show delivered and signed for, a bot immediately refunds the buyer and they get to keep the item.
    It is impossible for sellers to sell in those circumstances. Plus they are endlessly interfering with every aspect of the site.
    Etsy sellers would find it a huge relief to sell on a site that doesn't keep their sales money in reserve (keeps 75%) until they are satisfied and allows bots to make decisions without fully checking details. They would also be very relieved to have Paypal make a decision on claims where buyers claim non-delivery but Tracking is showing delivery.
    Let's hope we begin to see more sellers from Etsy.

Forum Newbie
    Cardiff, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View hillcroft23's Feedback (+1)
    All-About hillcroft23
    View hillcroft23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Currently running a discounted sale... feel free to have a gander https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hillcroft23

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Hillcroft.....glad you're here! This is a chat thread, and sellers are asked to use the PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS thread to advertise your items. Go to FORUMS, and just below the Kitchen Table is the Plug thread. You can post there.....I don't remember if it's once per day, or how often, but I'm sure someone else would be able to advise you on that.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@hillcroft23
    From Help Section : Selling : under Selling Tips
    7) DO use the Forum > Plug Your Auctions to advertise your wares and any special offers you are running. You can create one plug per day.

Plug Your Auctions : https://www.ebid.net/forums/forumdis...-your-Auctions
    ( In the forums, under Chat about Anything )
    Create your thread and use that thread each time you advertise an item. Check the others sellers threads on Plug Your Auctions.

Good Luck!

@Pasttime
    I have been reading a lot about Etsy's holding onto sellers money because of the "risk factor".
    75% and 40-180 days they hold onto this money is just mind blowing.
    Of course, they just change their Terms of Service again. ALL in Lawyer Talk that the small sellers can't understand but want a place to sell their items.

Such a shame.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

It was sort of cold yesterday, but I did get bushes trimmed since the blooms are gone.
    I got some trees trimmed, too.
    I took some small cuttings from the Russian Olive tree to start a couple new ones.

I thought I was going to go through my inventory to find all the household items for sale to get them listed here.
    I guess that is on the back burner.

I can't believe that I have bald tires on the front of the lawn mower.
    I had them replaced 3 years ago. All the traveling on the road going down to the farm to mow have been hard on them.

Getting ready to water 150 trees this morning and then some garden touch ups.
    Hopefully, getting more items ready to list.

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=Policequilts;

@Pasttime
    I have been reading a lot about Etsy's holding onto sellers money because of the "risk factor".
    75% and 40-180 days they hold onto this money is just mind blowing.
    Of course, they just change their Terms of Service again. ALL in Lawyer Talk that the small sellers can't understand but want a place to sell their items.

Such a shame.[/QUOTE]

Hi Police,
    It's worst than a 'shame' - it's insanity:

As well as giving sellers' property and earned money away by not protecting sellers for any item over £250, by just refunding, no matter what
    they are also making all sellers responsible for deliveries past the ESTIMATED delivery date: if it is a day past that date, the buyer can open a case and be refunded for late delivery, even if it is showing a due for delivery the next day - how can any seller be responsible for a 3rd party?

Naturally, sellers realised that in order to protect themselves they should select 'other' for delivery in order to not be stung by a day late delivery - they have now removed that option.

Also, any delivery without Tracking is automatically considered not sent if a buyer opens a case - regardless, of the fact that RM will show delivery from a scan of internal info and being delivered when done so.

Case today in Forum, with UK seller having RM Tracking, but Etsy is not 'seeing' that Tracking, even though RM is integrated with Etsy - result, as far as though they are concerned it's not showing as delivered even though RM Tracking shows as delivered with photo/location details, so no funds for that seller, for goodness knows how long.

Another Forum post, US seller sent a $400 ring, customer complains, seller sends a paid return label. Customer wants to open a case - of course she does - she knows the Etsy will just refund her and she gets to keep the ring and the refund.

On, and on it goes (lots of other stupid decisions, but hard to think of in the middle of all this nonsense) - total insanity and hard to see why anyone running Etsy views this as a long term viable why to run a site!!

To use a term that I absolutely hate: eBid might do well to 'reach out' to thrown under the bus, Etsy sellers, by stressing that they do not interfere with their payments, they leave Paypal to check delivery details and don't keep making changes that take away the right to sell for all parties involved. That would be very welcome for sellers that are incensed with the interference of running their own personal right to dispose of their own property .

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Mandart

I was surprised when I went on my website and all the updates they did.
    I'm trying to figure out how to improve my product ranking. I had A+ - B rankings and now I have a batch of E, F, G rankings.
    I am confused.
    I do like some of the changes, but it's another learning curve. WOW !
    and I thought I was just going to list more items.
    I did buy another domain name for the other site.

I went back to see if I can understand the new upgrades so I decided to sign into my other website. It's still set up the old way.

I am wondering if they are little by little upgrading everyone's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    @Mandart

I was surprised when I went on my website and all the updates they did.
    I'm trying to figure out how to improve my product ranking. I had A+ - B rankings and now I have a batch of E, F, G rankings.
    I am confused.
    I do like some of the changes, but it's another learning curve. WOW !
    and I thought I was just going to list more items.
    I did buy another domain name for the other site.

I went back to see if I can understand the new upgrades so I decided to sign into my other website. It's still set up the old way.

I am wondering if they are little by little upgrading everyone's site.
    They have me puzzled as well, my listings are the same, changed from A and B to E F and G and I'm at a loss to understand why... just going to give it a few days and see if anything else happens,

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Mandart
    I had checked under Support and Updates and they have been busy.

When I go to my listings and look under the "Grade" for suggestions . . .
    It's either that I didn't put it items similar to what I am selling or
    that I have under 1,000 word description. Ughhh!

I don't really like adding a section similar to what I am selling, but I worked on a couple of my listings with adding items of mine that were similar and the grade of "G" went to "D".
    Hmmmm . . I guess it's more on having long descriptions to cover that 1,000 words.
    Need to think about it.

Thread Information