Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

We had a light frost on Sat morning, Police. I didn't ask you to send any snow this way. Brrrr. At least we're not getting 5+ feet of snow like parts of NY state! I hope yours isn't that deep.

Gray and windy this morning. Philpott is off to the store to pick up some things for Mother Hubbard's cupboard. He'll be having surgery in the near future, and will have a few weeks recovery time (or months, if you listen to him and add in the man-flu-exaggeration factor). I hope I can get my hands, wrists, elbows, shoulder and knees sorted soon so I can get some effective pain killers or treatment. Had some bloods and xrays done - waiting on results. I suspect rheumatoid arthritis. Whatever, it's a pain. As they say, Old Age never comes alone! It will just make it hard to wait on the invalid hand and foot! lol
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@HerMajesty : Happy Thanksgiving

We have had a couple of warmer days in the 40's here in Wisconsin.
    It's warm today, but some rain to come.

I have been working on getting rid of excess internet accounts that I haven't been using for a period of time. But . . . I did get another e-mail account for the project I am working on.

Yesterday, was a bad day. I had to take one of my cats, Little Girl, and put her to sleep. She, Little Girl, is buried with her big brother, Blue, that she loved. I hope they are now having fun. : Blue and Little Girl
    Name:  2019 0215 blu lg 3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  46.8 KB Name:  2019 0215 lub lg 2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  43.9 KB

Happy Thanksgiving to our American cousins!
    Police, so sad to hear that you have lost Little Girl, I hope that she will romp and play with her brother Blue in the happy gardens over the rainbow.
    Lovely pics of your dear lost feline friends. (((hugs)))

Your Maj, hope Phillpot's surgery goes well for him and you manage to get some treatment for all your pain.
    Yes, you are quite right, old age never does come alone - but it's how we fight it that really matters.
    Never give up, keep fighting - you are as strong as the man/woman you feel ... lol!!!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, Police - I'm so sorry to hear about Little Girl. My cats are all over the bridge now, too, and i know it's so very hard sometimes to have to love them so much that you help them over. Big hugs. I hope your two find my little pals from over the years......they would make a great motly crew!

Thanks for the TD wishes! We made a few slices of turkey, and had some veg and potatoes and Ocean Spray cranberry sauce (seemed a bit more runny than I am used to, but maybe it's the UK style). Philpott had some stuffing. I made a crustless pumpkin pie.......so really more of a pudding. Yum! Am jealous of my two girls in CO who met up, each with one kid, and are enjoying their meal now. I think, unknown to the other, they each made a pie or two.........so who knows if they bothered with any of the other grub!!

Thanks Trish. Keepin' on keepin' on. Haven't heard on the date for his surgery yet, I hope it's soon, tho also hope I can get my hands improved before he becomes an invalid for a few days, or years, depending on how much this triggers the man-flu-response gene.

Take care, all.......you are dearhearts!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Police so sorry for you & your little girl, hopefully she is over the bridge & playing again,

Heres hoping that Philpot's surgery gets delt with soon, & that your hands improve, am sure the damp weather is not helping any of us.

On Friday, when the paramedics and the funeral directors went, I spent some time with Sharn, her other half, her bestie (Katie) and Billy's cousin Angela and didn't get to bed until around 6am.

So today is my first full day without my resident army veteran. Groceries turned up today without any bread, but my bottle of Kopparberg is there, so I'll raise a toast for Billy this weekend.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Just dropped into read the forums and read this, sorry for your loss does not seem enough, but my thoughts are with you. I will have a toast tonight with you but mine will be ginger cordial and I'll light a candle for Billie.

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    Hi Just dropped into read the forums and read this, sorry for your loss does not seem enough, but my thoughts are with you. I will have a toast tonight with you but mine will be ginger cordial and I'll light a candle for Billie.
    I rarely drink alcohol and I haven't touched a glass of cider in 10 years or so. That's why I just bought the one bottle.

I kept getting up in the night last nigh and the shopping has been put away so I'm off for a nap.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Hope you manage to sleep well, moony. You must be exhausted with all the trauma and sadness in your life right now .
    I think all your eBid pals will join you in a toast to your beloved Billy, (whether it be alcoholic drink or not - doesn't matter!)
    Hugs (((((xxx)))))

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hope you manage to sleep well, moony. You must be exhausted with all the trauma and sadness in your life right now .
    I think all your eBid pals will join you in a toast to your beloved Billy, (whether it be alcoholic drink or not - doesn't matter!)
    Hugs (((((xxx)))))

This is the thing though. Billy and I shared that part of the journey together. We had put palliative care in place prior to the diagnosis because he already had an illness where he wasn't going to recover.

When I chatted on the phone to my sister on Friday, she understood what I meant that when a family member has a medical condition that is unrecoverable from (our mother has Alzheimer's), the grieving is all but done while they are still with us.

I stayed with Billy while he journeyed that last part and actually felt only relief that his suffering had ended. I'm really only sad for the things he didn't get to do. like meet his baby granddaughter who is due in a couple of weeks. We had planned to travel down to Gosport to spend time sitting on a bench watching the boats in The Solent. That didn't happen because we had the lockdowns and then Billy became too ill to travel.
    Last edited by FalonTowers; 26th November 2022 at 10:17 PM.

Thread Information