Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

A lot of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid. Mostly I just get the notifications from ebid and PP although some do ask questions before buying. I use Platinum Listings so buyers can use the PP Checkout which is familiar to them. What I think stumps more buyers is the ASL or perhaps how to use it.

I've tried asking buyers a question using it but very rarely get any reply. I always thank them for their order and payment so they know I'm getting it ready to send and later add the RM reference number and tell them their parcel has been sent. I also add a polite request for their FB at that point.

I think I've only ever had a response from one buyer, who incidentally did have several FB from previous purchases, who asked me how to leave FB! Having explained, they then sent a witty reply about having now got their 'Advanced' ebid user badge AND left me +FB.

Perhaps something else that The Management should be thinking about?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all, Somer has a a sale as well, though feel the cost of living is perhaps not helping customers mind you notice a lot of places seem to be advertising buy now & pay over several months, imagin there will be a lot doing that this year, you ca see why the food banks are busy, just hope its the right people who benifit from it.

Very wet morning here in Somerset

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    A lot of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid. Mostly I just get the notifications from ebid and PP although some do ask questions before buying. I use Platinum Listings so buyers can use the PP Checkout which is familiar to them. What I think stumps more buyers is the ASL or perhaps how to use it.

I've tried asking buyers a question using it but very rarely get any reply. I always thank them for their order and payment so they know I'm getting it ready to send and later add the RM reference number and tell them their parcel has been sent. I also add a polite request for their FB at that point.

I think I've only ever had a response from one buyer, who incidentally did have several FB from previous purchases, who asked me how to leave FB! Having explained, they then sent a witty reply about having now got their 'Advanced' ebid user badge AND left me +FB.

Perhaps something else that The Management should be thinking about?
    had 5 sales this month all from new members although little feedback from them, things do look like site is attracting more newbies
    Mabe its the new car stickers lol

Quote Originally Posted by rpmworld View Post
    had 5 sales this month all from new members although little feedback from them, things do look like site is attracting more newbies
    Mabe its the new car stickers lol
    Don't think my car sticker helped in my case - I'm in Kent and the buyer is in Scotland...

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

SPACEMAN76!! You are Legend! You started this thread! Nice to see you around!

Haven't seen Sarge here for awhile....at least I haven't, but she's had a lot on her plate lately.

How are things with YOU?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post

Don't think my car sticker helped in my case - I'm in Kent and the buyer is in Scotland...

You never know, they might have been to sunny Ramsgate for a holiday and seen mine!!

Or perhaps @rpm's sold some to Scottish members.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post

Perhaps my eBid t shirt at the gym helped?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

WAS THINKING about SGT, hope things are going well for her,

Nice to see people in, we had a very heavy storm for hours,& thunderstorm, so we had our neighbour in very early, as she hates thunder, then suddenly it went as fast as it came & then phone went it was careline apparently MIL had told them she had no heating, so off we went to find that her power had gone off she hadn't realised that, anyway N managed to see that the main electric had gone off so he was able to switch on but in the meantime the conservatory roof leaked & her front porch had water in so discovered that the guttering's are so blocked, with leaves that the water has run down the walls so not nice for her, so have left message to gutter clearing guy & hope he can fit her in, the problem is she has so many trees. yet in all the wind & rain only 2 apples came down. & still plenty left on the trees

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

We had a few good days in the 70's.
    Finished a client's garden for winter and that is it for gardening for others.

I did manage to get some of the rain barrels emptied and watered in some newer trees.

Managed to take some more pictures of new items.

Today, I have a day off and it is raining. Trying to figure out what I will be doing in the house.

Yesterday, Fletcher and Ellie Mae had fun with the leaves and a mouse.
    Here is Ellie Mae and Fletcher. ( the catch is in front of Ellie Mae.)
    Name:  DSC09994 (640x516).jpg
Views: 39
Size:  380.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    Hello all just popping in to say Hi!
    I'm dropping by to say 'hi' too lol
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Thread Information