Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

ERMAHGERD, Police! Yikes! I had no idea almonds go go so bad! EW! You poor thing. You really took a hit! I'd sure let the store know, and the manufacturer so they can get them off the shelves!

Glad you are recouping! Take it easy. Hope the bear have moved on. They don't want to bother you, either. My sister had one a couple blocks from her in CO the other day. When I lived in CO, one came to my back door and was rummaging through the garbage can. I thought it was hoodlums, and left them to it, as I lived alone. Next morning I went out and saw garbage strew across the parking lot of the apartment, and my plastic trash bin had teeth marks and claw marks all over. They wander down the stream valleys when the food gets scarcer in the mts and come down into towns. Wildlife control usually traps them and takes back into the mts. Sadly, sometimes they shoot them.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope Police you are feeling well now, don't go over doing things.

Was thinking suppose the bears looking for food is the same at the coast that the seagulls attack all the bins if they don't have the correct lids so they can't get at it, remember seeing rubbish sacks put outside to find they had all been attacked in the night byt the birds.

We had intended to go out to a carboot this morning & guess what we have for the 1st time a little rain, just a fine drizzle, so at that point somer turned over & said he'd go back to sleep.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Maplegin

This is too far south in Wisconsin to have bears. They need to be 200 miles north of here.

A few years ago, we had a mountain lion come down from northern Wisconsin, passed by 20 miles from my home and went over the state lines into Illinois. I believe that is where they were able to capture the mountain lion.

I just want to know what "big" animals are when I am working on the farm, cleaning up the woods, and mowing. I don't want to be a meal. I did buy a bigger container of pepper spray. It's easier to carry when I have do work at the farm. Besides, carrying a .22 rifle won't do much damage and my 12 gauge shot gun - you only have 2 chances to shoot. I don't think a bear will worry if I am ready to shot or not.

We had a couple of dreary days and I am trying to clean out the bathroom closet, getting rid of expired stuff and old, worn out towels and then into the kitchen cabinets for any expired food.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Had a nice day. I did get into some trouble.
    I was cleaning a house and somehow press a button that got the whirlpool tub running.
    I tried shutting it off, but it's on some delayed timer and I would be in another room and all of a sudden, I hear the tub running.
    I spent too much time trying to figure out how to the function keypad so . . . . .
    like anyone else would do . . . . .
    I went into the basement and shut off the circuit breaker to the tub.
    ( Yes, I did leave a note to them what I did )

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Now that I am back and running after the food poisoning . .
    everyone is calling for me to do some extra work. I have so much on my plate and yet, I haven't gotten some of my projects off my list.

BUT . . . .
    I made a decision to rent a scissor lift so that I can tuck point the top portion of my chimney before anything can happen to it.

The owner of the farm that I do work for, we had a long talk about the guy who is suppose to finish the farmhouse. Well, we ended up spending over 1/2 the day traveling and talking. I think she needed that. But she saw all the clean up work that I did. Then we went and purchase a new chainsaw. YEAH!
    I can use it at my home (another project on my list to take back trees over my garage) and clean up a lot of the young trees that are too close to all the barns.
    Went through one of the barns that the guy who is working on the house and almost all his stuff stored there and what I will do to help "get rid" of it. The guy did say I can go through the main portion of the barn and clean it out (and sell the items off - I get the money) There is a lot of tools, and household items.

I did clean out a truck load of soda cans and a truck load of scrap metal.
    I cleaned out scrap lumber of 1 foot to 2 1/2 foot pieces and stacked them at the roadside. Someone took them for kindling.

Well, off to take care of some friends animals. Last day for this - they will return tonight from vacation.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Police you seem to be busy as usual.

It seems such a hard time for everyone at present, after the Queen dying & the fact we now have Charles third, such a very hard time for the family, having to cope in front of all the people all the time.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

What happened? Nobody is posting!

Well, I've just been given a nice stack of postcards to sell - indeed, two people on the same day were clearing out - so fresh listings for me to do.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    What happened? Nobody is posting!

Well, I've just been given a nice stack of postcards to sell - indeed, two people on the same day were clearing out - so fresh listings for me to do.
    I haven't been about much as I have been writing my memoir. When it's in paperback and hardback I will list it here.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    I haven't been about much as I have been writing my memoir. When it's in paperback and hardback I will list it here.
    I have one book written with stories that pertain to one item. Being busty and what happens.
    I haven't had time to type it out and have a friend proof read for me. I keep that notebook close to me and hoping for some time to get it typed.

I have 2 other notebooks with stories of "604" where I lived while growing up and "W835" stories of living at this house for 40 years.

I have been really busy and not much on the computer like I should be.
    I had to finish a few clients gardens for the winter and I still have 3 of my own gardens to finish.

* Then one of my clients had asked if I could clean up the barn. SO . . . I started part of the clean up shifting and moving lumber, construction stuff and totes of stuff.
    * The contractor that is using this barn is just throwing things all over and on top of her items. The contractor also had gone through a divorce and his home is in the barn. The contractor told me that one corner with his "older tools" I can have and sell.
    * I have moving lumber covering cabinets and totes of the owner of the barn. I managed to get rid of "crap stuff" in a garbage bulk pick up.
    * This weekend, I will get rid of electronics at our town hall, twice a year drop off event.
    * The cleaning of raccoon scat is a pain.
    * I started down in the lower section, for now since there is good sunlight - the barn has no electricity -
    Cleaned half of one side of the cow stanchions of all the dirt and paint chips. Cleaned out the hay trough, and then stack items. Lots of galvanized garbage cans, and oil pans (almost new), stainless steel sprayers, stack bricks, and such.
    All this dirt is going out in the garbage just in case of contamination. I did a little bit on the other side and found 4 raccoon bodies. Got some cleaning but I need to get the keys to open those doors to bring in more sunlight.
    Upstairs, I have some neat flooring stacked flat, floor tiles, toilet, sink and such. I haven't even made a dent in all of this.
    What surprised me, that in one of the box stalls, piled high with lumber are 3 crated, cast iron bathtubs and I am allowed to sell them.
    I did sell off some items to a friend. I have a 1 ton engine hoist that I need to take pictures of and sell that off.

Then I get a call and someone wants to be a client to lawn maintenance. I am not sure I want this job. I just wanted to gardening, not trimming trees and bushes and such.

Now you know why I haven't been posting.
    I still need to get going on my website.

Now I got to go to work on an early afternoon job.

I did order 36 hours days.

Things must be really bad if no-ones posting on the "Over Half A Million..." thread. It's been quiet for a while on most of the other boards. There've been a few weeks when my weekly "Plug Your Auction" thread has been the Last Post for most of the week until I start the next one.

I thought it was down to the summer weather, with people being out and about more and only saw your post on Latest Posts because I popped in to see how many had viewed my latest thread.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information