Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

So sorry Buttons - life is just never fair is it ....

Do any local chemists deliver? Even if 5 - 10 miles away?
    Don't know what the charge would be but could be wortth it for peace of mind.
    Might be worth finding out ... once this mess is sorted that is!!!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Damned Brexit.
    Every year we have sent calendars to Spanish friends. This year we have found out that they have had to pay a charge to receive our calendars. How difficult must it be for those who have family living in Europe. Yet another consequence of Brexit which we were not told about when we were voting.
    Last edited by tony41; 3rd February 2022 at 03:18 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Damned Brexit.
    Every year we have sent calendars to Spanish friends. This year we have found out that they have had to pay a charge to receive our calendars. How difficult must it be for those who have family living in Europe. Yet another consequence of Brexit which we were not told about when we were voting.

It is possible, I suppose, that no-one back then would have anticipated it Tony? Nowadays, everyone seems to be jumping on the Brexit/Pandemic bandwagon to hike prices in every which way they can on absolutely everything, methinks.

Everyone seems to be making everything up as they go along..... grabbing opportunities to ramp up price hikes whenever they think they can get away with it.

"The average household's yearly energy bill in England, Wales and Scotland will increase by £693 in April with a £150 council tax rebate for many households "
    - didn't they do any sums when they were at school?

£693 - £150 = - (yes, that's a minus) £543...... ermmmmm, to come from where? And in the light of food and petrol price hikes etc ????????

oh lol! another gem :

"The governor of the Bank of England tells the BBC that workers negotiating their pay this year should not ask for too high a rise in order to help bring inflation under control. "

In the words of McEnroe: are you serious?

Last edited by cheaver; 3rd February 2022 at 04:12 PM.

cats we have tried to track the prescription down, even the surgery have tried to get through to boots and they cant, Asda havent got it so god knows where it is, Ian is going to pop in Boots tomorrow when they are in town.I sat down earlier cats to have a rest and the man arrived to service the chair lift 2 bloomin hours, i think it's dinner then bed, i hate today.
    Tony my friend also had to pay to get her Christmas / Birthday gift in Holland and i put a low value on and marked as gift.
    Cheaver, What good is money off council tax going to be for the people they say live in poverty as they wont be paying council tax in the first place. these people are nut cases.

Have something easy and tasty - but safe - to eat and then have a good sleep Buttons xxx
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons if its got to Boots won't they deleiver it, boots seems to do that.

Buttons hope today turns out okay for you, & not as tiresome as yesterday. its always the way if you sit you should no by now that something will happen to make you move.

Well we had a trip to yeovil yesterday & went to Tesco's they have moved everything around in there & have done away with lots of things not impressed, & Somer said we won't bother with that again, think he's right

I have no idea maple as we cant get in touch with boots, they are not picking the phone up, even the receptionists from our surgery have tried so as yet we haven't tracked it down, I know it's a blooming mess, Ian is going to try boots today to see if it is in fact there, if not then they will just have to issue another one.
    Now the men havent been to empty the blue bin that they normally empty at 7 am

Makes you wonder if it was actually made out Buttons
    ......... awfully strange and somehow no one know anything ...

So annoying Maple, we lost half a dozen regular and Tesco own items too before lockdown.
    According to the Till Staff you just tell them, they write it on a bit of paper and the requests are 'passed on'.
    Didn't bother going back, plenty others around - and Asda's delivery has been pretty good.

Daftcat Cassie is sitting in the sun on her bench in the back garden just like it is the middle of summer
    and the wind is so bitingly cold cold cold! I know she has fur and (more than one) layer of fat but really!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

yes it was issued Cat's it's on the computer it was issued and sent out, a pity it doesnt say where to, I havent heard from Ian as yet, think they have all gone down the bloomin Rabbit hole

Thread Information