Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

The district nurse arrived today to look at Mikes legs and is coming back on Thursday to do a full doppler to see if he needs 2 layer compression, but she asked to wash her hands and i said i will get you a clean towel to which she turned and opened the airing cupboard door to be met with a load of dolls and dolls heads with curlers in

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope the nurse got over the shock of all the heas.

We have hedgehogs around & means we have to put the dog on lead even though little garden they come ofton for a drink, & Somer has put hedgehog food down, which also the slugs seem to like, even He said the slug was drinking out of the dish where the birds & hedgehog use, a friend has a visit from 3 squirels everyday its in the middle of built up area, but they appear each day. we know there are foxes around, & at the rek where I walk the dog you can see the places where the rabbits have lots of little runs into the undergrowth, which the dog has to explore but surprised in the 22 years that have been here & walked the dogs at the rek have never seen as many slugs around this morning & now we have heavy rain.

Somer has lost 1 & i haven't lost any, but have done the relists.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Hope the nurse got over the shock of all the heas.

We have hedgehogs around & means we have to put the dog on lead even though little garden they come ofton for a drink, & Somer has put hedgehog food down, which also the slugs seem to like, even He said the slug was drinking out of the dish where the birds & hedgehog use, a friend has a visit from 3 squirels everyday its in the middle of built up area, but they appear each day. we know there are foxes around, & at the rek where I walk the dog you can see the places where the rabbits have lots of little runs into the undergrowth, which the dog has to explore but surprised in the 22 years that have been here & walked the dogs at the rek have never seen as many slugs around this morning & now we have heavy rain.

Somer has lost 1 & i haven't lost any, but have done the relists.
    I would love to put down food for hedgehogs but this would attract badgers and, having to replace a fence due to the damage they caused, this would not be a good idea. They are incredibly strong: a friend put down a pile of housebricks to stop them ruining her fence, they moved every single one. It is rare that we go out without seeing a dead badger by the side of the road. If thought it strange that they always died by the side and couldn't imagine that anyone would stop and move one after hitting it. But a lady at the car boot said the farmers around here shoot them and dump them by the roadside for the council to pick up. Saw two in my neighbour's drive the other night. Really are pests around here.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    I would love to put down food for hedgehogs but this would attract badgers and, having to replace a fence due to the damage they caused, this would not be a good idea. They are incredibly strong: a friend put down a pile of housebricks to stop them ruining her fence, they moved every single one. It is rare that we go out without seeing a dead badger by the side of the road. If thought it strange that they always died by the side and couldn't imagine that anyone would stop and move one after hitting it. But a lady at the car boot said the farmers around here shoot them and dump them by the roadside for the council to pick up. Saw two in my neighbour's drive the other night. Really are pests around here.

Worse than that. The badger baiters also dump them at the side of the road to hide the evidence of their illegal so-called "sport"

Could be either,Tony, as they show no evidence of being run over, unlike foxes which are usually left a mangled mess in the middle of the road.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a beautiful day. Warm with enough wind that made it so delightful to do things.

I was able to collect seeds from the cosmos, snapdragons, and phlox.

I repaired the spring to my truck seat so that I can release it to move it.

I prepped metal recyclable items so that tomorrow I can pick up some cash.
    Sort of surprise how much copper it have.

Just a little bit of garden. Cut down the peonies, black eyed susans and bee balm.

Watered the new plants.

Picked up apples and fed the cows.

Ordered new tires for the truck.

Sort of a lazy day until tomorrow - a work day.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been collecting seeds too - love in a mist & some wonderful double poppies (we are ruthless- if they aren't double, we don't let them go to seed)

Casualties as soon as I complain to the Post Office Clerk that I've had no sales for a bit. Must complain more often. (both sales to newbies!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Police - your lazy days would do me in!! Hubby got me some electric hand hedge clippers, so that will help. Lots of hedges here, and all are taller than I am, so it's hard to reach. Will have to get a bench ladder out. Hizonor is working on roof repair....a roof peak above two stories....(for Americans.....UK would say the 2nd floor is the 1st......but that still baffles me). Anyway, it's high. Replacing the edging under the tiles all along, adding slate and then cementing the big gap between slate and the roof tiles. Some of the tiles have broken when the old concrete was taken off, so will have to tote some replacements up. They are rather like roman tiles....red, concrete. This place is too big for the two of us with bad hands and knees and backs. Need to win the lottery or sell one of my tiaras.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

nurses been back a day early and doppler done ulcers are healing nicely so i did right putting the compression back on

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good too hear that, buttons. Glad you are sensible and he's doing better!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information