Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    We have similar events in UK, my favourite is the Three Counties Fair - (Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire) - on top of all the farm animals & wonderful plants, it's also a shopping fest!
    The Bath and West Festival is also running this year. Another shopping fest!

Police - you paint a wonderful picture of your county fair. Sounds amazing, I'm intrigued by the hidden imps amongst the trees!
    The food has set me off wondering how to produce fried potatoe peels and ketchup and onion blooms with cheese for my next barby - (last one of the season - planned for midweek as apparently we are in for a last taste of summer.)

Cats, no bed bugs biting .... BUT .... we have had several (5) of these caterpillars in the garden. They are HUGE .... as long and fat as your middle finger .... they look like snakes wriggling along. They have totally stripped my fuchsia's bare ... and worse of all - they will turn into Elephant Head Hawk Moths.
    I am totally PETRIFIED of moths, and they know it as they always head for me. I know it sounds irrational, and have been advised to have therapy.

I'm scared of spiders too. I can cope with smaller varieties but sometimes we get giant tarantula's (almost!) That's when the screaming starts!
    These are Elephant Head caterpillars ....
    Name:  hawk moth.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.8 KB Name:  moth.png
Views: 69
Size:  523.1 KB

Now then, just wondering who was on guard duty yesterday, as I seem to have lost 21 of my very precious snap bar melts. Tut!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

For blooming onions, the fair use sweet onions.
    You are served the whole onion sliced (bloom) and connected at the bottom. Served with cheese.

Name:  Blooming-Onions-DSC_1223-III-1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  52.8 KB

I couldn't find the way they make fried potato skins. The pictures show like you just peeled a potato lengthwise. The fair sets the potatoes on a peeling machine that stands them up and peels them down like a ribbon. The inner potatoes are used for their other dishes that they serve at the fair.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    They are HUGE .... as long and fat as your middle finger .... they look like snakes wriggling along. They have totally stripped my fuchsia's bare ... and worse of all - they will turn into Elephant Head Hawk Moths.
    I am totally PETRIFIED of moths, and they know it as they always head for me. I know it sounds irrational, and have been advised to have therapy.

I'm scared of spiders too. I can cope with smaller varieties but sometimes we get giant tarantula's (almost!) That's when the screaming starts!
    These are Elephant Head caterpillars ....
    Name:  hawk moth.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.8 KB Name:  moth.png
Views: 69
Size:  523.1 KB

Now then, just wondering who was on guard duty yesterday, as I seem to have lost 21 of my very precious snap bar melts. Tut!
    I had to look up what a Elephant Head Hawk Moth looks like. They are very pretty.
    We have green tomato cut worms that are awful. You need to make sure to relocate your tomatoes at least every two years or your crop will be stripped.

PS: CONGRATULATIONS on the sales!

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Had a nice, cool day and finished touching up all the gardens, moved more plants into the new garden and did some cut backs for winter and got the lawn cut.

Today, another cool day and trying to decide to work on the garage doors or getting pictures of new items to be listed. So far, this morning, no wind and I think I should be able to get some pictures. (Waiting for the sun to be in the right position so I don't get all those shadows.)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now the schools are back, we have lovely summer weather again - I'm so glad I'm not trying to teach in this! They'll all want to be outside.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Glorious weather at last! I do so love it when it's hot and sunny ...
    Gosh Police, you sure do work hard. Your gardens are lovely.
    Thanks for the advice on the onion blooms, I'm going to have a bash at making them. They sound and look so yummy!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine before the dark days of winter set in.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Nice day.
    Watered in the new transferred plants.

I did have a period of time the sun was in the right spot and took over 100 pictures of new items.

I watched the cattle and sat on the lawn wrapping some beads for more projects.

* The county fair is over early. The neighbors returned with empty trailers. A lot of trucks and cars over there so the kids are cleaning up their stalls and ? ? ? from their show animals that were auctioned off at the fair.
    * At the end of the month or next month, the neighbors will have an auction of the "babies" (cattle, pigs, sheep .. ) for the 4H kids next year projects.

I am hoping that I may be able to take some more pictures tomorrow before the rain is to come in.

I is a bit miffed - had it confirmed yesterday that our little village of some 820 homes are about to get swamped with 950 new houses built all around us, just what we need, destroy a historic village in one hit... Bang goes our nice quiet bit of the countryside - we're going to lose our lovely views - the picture below is from our bedroom and is about to become swamped in a wall of houses.... Plus there's the loss of some very good quality farmland

Name:  IMG_20210609_075941408_HDR.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  57.9 KB

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Another cool day until this afternoon. I guess there is to be some strong storms coming.
    Trying to get some chores done before the storm and before tomorrow when it's off to work for me.

@Mandart
    * That is going to be hard to take with so many homes and that the village will double in size.
    * I grew up in a village & town of 2,000. We still had some fields right in the village. The downtown/ square of the village was a field with 3 horses and the owner had the gas station on the main drag that also sold horse equipment.
    Where I boarded my horses was 3/4 blocks away. Now the barn and house is gone and there are 10-13 condo's built on it. Also, on the walk down to the barn was a field that we would cut through when going to school - that now has 8 houses on it. There was another field on the way to school and now there is a super-duper multi-story gym.
    There is still some field left only because the school owns it and it's where Father Buddy would farm. He's long gone, but they kept the land. I am sure that eventually that that will be built on.
    * I purposely moved to the country between farmers who both raised pigs and cows. Little did I know one of them was on the Board of Planning and Zoning and manage to subdivide his land. (But there are restrictions that no less than 5 acres/35 acres depending on the zoning.)

@MANDART
    P.S. Take down the "tight rope" or the new neighbors will get into your yard.

Thread Information