Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    changing beds should be banned in this weather
    Well - according to the way I was brought up, it has nothing to do with the weather! (Sorry, pardon!)

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post

Gosh, we are very lucky: our garden refuse bin is free and collected each fortnight, and the household bin collected every week.

Crikey you are lucky. We have to pay £47.75 to hire a garden bin in Bath which gets collected once a fortnight and because I have a large garden and huge hedge to keep under control I have to hire two of them ! Managed to do a tub of weeding this afternoon but had to give up as it was too hot but I did manage to do a third of the raspberry bed this evening when it was cooler.

I had an annoying letter from NatWest today saying they were going to close my savings account because I hadn't done any transactions on it recently. I was flabberghasted, I've never heard of such a thing before, I could understand it if it had been a main bank account but not a savings account !
    It was a real pain as I tried to phone them and couldn't get through so ended up having to go into town just to sort it out. It seems this is a new thing that the bank regulatory body are doing so it's not just NatWest, I must remember to do at least one transaction every two years the chap said. He also said that it was a good job I had come in because if the money got sent off to a central fund then it was a real pain to get it back, you have to send off all sorts of things and it takes weeks to sort out apparently so everybody beware !

Now who was on guard duty while I was digging for England (she said glaring around for someone to blame) ? I seem to have lost one ( but I think it might be a non payer) and I also had a
    bomb in disguise dropped from the USA. Private Police can't you keep 'em under control over the pond ?!

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Now who was on guard duty while I was digging for England (she said glaring around for someone to blame) ? I seem to have lost one ( but I think it might be a non payer) and I also had a Bomb in disguise dropped from the USA. Private Police can't you keep 'em under control over the pond ?!
    ]
    Maybe it was an item I pinned on Pinterest and then they saw all your other goodies telling other so that US will checking you out (I mean your shop) Yeah!

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Extremely hot here. It would of been worse if the winds were hard.

I had 4 yards of mulch and manage to touch up 7 gardens that needed extra.
    A second layer will be for the hay field garden and the balance will be stashed for working on the back gardens.

I received treats from 2 of my boys : a nice mouse and a chipmunk.
    My boys are good hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

I had an annoying letter from NatWest today saying they were going to close my savings account because I hadn't done any transactions on it recently. I was flabberghasted, I've never heard of such a thing before, I could understand it if it had been a main bank account but not a savings account !
    It was a real pain as I tried to phone them and couldn't get through so ended up having to go into town just to sort it out. It seems this is a new thing that the bank regulatory body are doing so it's not just NatWest, I must remember to do at least one transaction every two years the chap said. He also said that it was a good job I had come in because if the money got sent off to a central fund then it was a real pain to get it back, you have to send off all sorts of things and it takes weeks to sort out apparently so everybody beware !
    Thank you Becky, i will be transferring mine into my current account today and drawing it out and putting it elsewhere, i have been forced to use Nat West by RBS closing our branch, and i wasnt happy about that either, how dare they, it is what it says on the tin or should be " Savings account" ie money you are saving, what are they doing mopping up the money of the people they hope have passed through covid,

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Thank you Becky, i will be transferring mine into my current account today and drawing it out and putting it elsewhere, i have been forced to use Nat West by RBS closing our branch, and i wasnt happy about that either, how dare they, it is what it says on the tin or should be " Savings account" ie money you are saving, what are they doing mopping up the money of the people they hope have passed through covid,
    It's not just NatWest though Private Buttons I think all banks and building societies are doing this now. It's all a money saving scheme as they say accounts cost money to run so they are closing them if no transactions have been made within a couple of years and this includes savings accounts.
    I also don't know what to do about the GP data sharing thingy with the NHS. I don't mind providing my data for genuine research but will it get abused by other companies ? I just don't know enough about it and we only have until 23rd June to opt out. Life gets more complicated by the minute !

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Buttons-and-Bows and @Cornishmaid

In the USA, the banks have been closing the accounts for many years now for not having any activity for over a year. The banks are to "place the monies in some kind of account" and register the amount and name on the account with the state or Feds. I know you can do a search for "Unclaimed Money" and if you find a late relative or ?, you can place a claim by providing various documents and information.

I found unclaimed money for a friend that his sister passed away and there was no other relative. There is a lot of paperwork, but it did offset some of her expenses from back in the time.

Cool morning, but it will be another hot day and it looks like there will be wind - so it won't be so bad to work outside again.

Well, outside I go while it's cool that I can get more things done.
    The cats are happy to do their hunting and a hunting we will go.

I dont think anyone knows enough about it, my first thought was i dont care who has my medical info, but then again like you say we dont know where it is going to end up

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As for Garden bins ours is nearly £60 a year for the bin, that was empty yesterday, & was really packed with garden stuff , ours is every 2 weeks, but they are about to change our normal bin day to every 3 weeks & another lot of stuff to recycle so they are giving us a bag to put more stuff in & they will take batteries that way as well from next month .wonder how some people will manage as they are having bins over flowing anyway & they also say the lid must be closed, plenty around here don't manage that.

Well certainly another warm day here, went out with neighbour for a walk at 9am & was really warm dog was worn out but only for about 10 minuets & then it was Nigel turn to play, wish I had his energy.

our bins are only emptied every 4 weeks we have 5 recycling things plus a garden bin and i am forever squashing stuff to get it all into trolly box's plus i now have a blue bin for pads for mike, all i seem to be doing is sorting garbage out and washing, the hall has got a load of new kitchen units in that wont be fitted for a week maybe two so it's like an obstacle course to get out to the bins as well especially using crutches

Thread Information