Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Glad you got an outing, maple! It's been lovely the last couple days so enjoy while it lasts!
    Annie - nice you are gettin away again. We did go visit our 88 yr old friend in his back garden on the patio for tea and ice cream this afternoon. Our 3 visit to him in the last month or two. He's slowing down.
    Babuska - where do you think you would move to? It would be wonderful if it was SE Wales-I think we'd make great friends!!

Enjoy the sunshine, everyone!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Ello troops. Well it's been an exhausting but very productive day with my brother. First went to Screwfix to pick up five metal shelving units. Next drove to a friend's farm to look at a car she want's to sell in about a month's time when her Land Rover has been rebuilt. I might well buy it to replace my old tank but it's an automatic which I have never ever driven before. I had a little go around the farm yard and it's so weird not knowing where to put your redundant left foot !

Next went home and shifted my entire pottery stock out of my storage shed, OMG what a job that was, and ripped out all the sagging wooden shelves and figured out how to put the metal ones together - thank goodness for YouTube videos as the paper instructions were useless ! Have nearly got all my stock back on the new shelves, just a few more boxes to unpack tomorrow. So far have only had three casualties which is pretty amazing considering the amount of stuff moved. I think I will sleep well tonight !

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all. Kettle is on and it`s a sunny day!,,,,,,,,,,,,what more could you want?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all from sunny south Shropshire - and it's going to be a hot one. Woken by our campsite owner's cockerel crowing at God-knows what hour along with her sheep & goats calling for breakfast.

Meeting up with old friends for coffee later this morning and then have a mooch around town - Bishops Castle - to see what has changed since we left 28 years ago!

Have all a good day and stay safe.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for putting Kettle on Red.

Annie the joys of the countryside, its so lovely here at this time think will be a bit hot later judging by the heat all ready, sometimes it disappoints when you go back, hope that won't happen to you Annie. enjoy your break.

Sgt we wouldn;t change from an altomatic, you get used to the spare foot, wouldn't want to go back to a different car now, & its less to worry about. have had one now for 16years.

Glad you are getting sorted with your brothers help

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ....... but it's an automatic which I have never ever driven before. I had a little go around the farm yard and it's so weird not knowing where to put your redundant left foot !

I changed to automatic 14 years ago - love it to bits. I would have thought you would love it too with all those hills you have there! lol! just let it do all the work...... no more manual gear changes! When in a queue let it do all the work again!

Learn to go easy on the accelerator when it is changing gear for you - ie ride with it as it works, and save fuel....

[QUOTE=cornishmaid1961;1720991]Ello troops. Well it's been an exhausting but very productive day with my brother. First went to Screwfix to pick up five metal shelving units. Next drove to a friend's farm to look at a car she want's to sell in about a month's time when her Land Rover has been rebuilt. I might well buy it to replace my old tank but it's an automatic which I have never ever driven before. I had a little go around the farm yard and it's so weird not knowing where to put your redundant left foot !

Next went home and shifted my entire pottery stock out of my storage shed, OMG what a job that was, and ripped out all the sagging wooden shelves and figured out how to put the metal ones together - thank goodness for YouTube videos as the paper instructions were useless ! Have nearly got all my stock back on the new shelves, just a few more boxes to unpack tomorrow. So far have only had three casualties which is pretty amazing considering the amount of stuff moved. I think I will sleep well tonight !

[/QUOTE

​BE PROUD. YOU SHOULD BE!

Ello troops, another good day. My brother put up my new kitchen blind for me which blots out the badly fitting one that the ex put up on his side so it looks a lot better. Then got the rest of my pottery back on the new shelves and cleaned up all the rubbish and cobwebs. Just need to get rid of the last few bits of the ex's junk. My brother sawed up all the wooden shelves for winter kindling so feeling much more positive.

Thanks for the comments about the automatics. I probably will buy it when it becomes available and just hope I can shift my old tank O.K., it should still have about 9 months MOT left by that time so I hope someone might be interested despite it's rather dilapidated faded paintwork. I hate scrapping cars when there's still a bit of life in them !

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I only tried an automatic once, never again
    I took my driving test in Germany [1977] - all lessons in a dual control VW Beetle until I passed my Theory test then changed to a Ford Taunus automatic in which I took my test - and passed!

Never driven an automatic since!

Thread Information