Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    and if you are separating rather than divorcing, you are still entitled to Spousal Maintenance. Again, it is clearly in his interest if you are earning a wage/salary as his payments would be less.

PLEASE don't allow him to bully you into anything.
    exactly.

Also, bear in mind he is wanting free reign over the place while you are out at work.......

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Police - wow! Your yard is AWESOME! What glorious flowers! Looks like you have an amazing view.

Chever and love = I wish I had known you in a previous life and had advantage of your sage advice!

Sun has come out.........yea! My squash plants had yellow leaves, so I looked online to see what was the problem. Didn't think it was aphids, bugs, blight, or anything like I saw listed, so went out and gave them more plant food and a good soak. Then I saw another site that said yellow leaves can be from cool weather and too much water! lol. I'm killing them with kindness!

Hope you all have a good one, whether you are home, or off in a quiet piece of paradise..............maybe they are the same.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now that hairdressers and others are open using PPE including face shields, am I right to assume that the government has made sure that the NHS has plenty of such items. Or is it wishful thinking on my part.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Wow, the Yuccas are beautiful. Obviously more at home than in UK gardens. Do you leave the lily bulbs in all year?
    The lilies are all perennials and are both bulbs and tubers.

The majority of the gardens are perennials and bi-annuals.
    * Perennials: Roses, yuccas, purple cone flowers, bee balm, diathus, pinks, snow on the mountain, snow in the summer, purple palace coral bells, hyssops, hollyhocks, peonies, pachysandra, hostas, chrysanthemums, irises, wild geraniums, Canadian anemones, Dutchmen breeches, Jack in the pulpits, Siberian irises, creeping phlox, phlox, wood violets, grape hyacinth, star of Bethlehem, tulips, sweet Williams, painted daisies, shasta daisies, sage, laitris, lupines, poppies, California poppies, road lilies, banana lilies, day lilies, tiger lilies, stella dora lilies, lamium, spiderwort, columbine, pink mallow, catnip, peppermint, prayer plants and rhubarb as background/ and harvesting.
    * Bi-annuals: Johnnie jump ups, cathedral bells, alyssum, bachelor buttons, coreopis.
    * some annuals I plug in are marigolds, zinnias, cleome, moon flowers.

It's a cheap hobby to do and all the butterflies, and hummingbirds are worth while to watch.
    I have older breed of roses that I like making rose petal jam. I normally can get the first batch of blooms and then the Japanese beetles start to come in and ruin the roses.

Last year I had a wonderful surprise. It was over a 3 day time period. The past years there hasn't been a lot of Monarch butterflies.
    Last fall, day 1, there was about 25 Monarchs playing in my apple tree.
    The next day, day 2, at least 50-70 Monarchs were playing in the apple tree and the maple trees.
    Day 3, there was hundreds of Monarchs in the apple, maple and pine trees.
    Day 4, all was pretty much gone. Only a few on the trees.

I must of been a stopping place for the Monarchs migration.
    I did get some pictures of them, but the were landing on the higher branches and my zoom couldn't get the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Oh, my word, that is SO beautiful. They call the Buddleia the 'Butterfly Tree' but you have a real live one

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

WOW! What an amazing bunch of photos! When I lived in Illinois, we had Monarch butterflies, and in CO we have swallowtails.......but I've never seen so many in one place! With all your gorgeous flowers, no wonder they wanted to make it a tourist destination on their way to their winter home!.

Your list of flowers is mind-boggling. I am in awe of your gardening knowledge and skill. I had some stellar lupins 4 years ago, until the deer ate them. Rabbits are my next invader, and slugs, and the rain. All conspire against me. The critters think I have made them an all-you-can-eat buffet, and I'm too soft-hearted to tell them otherwise.

Really lovely garden. Thanks for sharing the pics.......I'd love to see lots more!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning all the kettle has boiled, plenty of bread for toast.

Have done another load of relists, & yesterday we were both busy listing so hopefully numbers will stay up.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afternoon all after a very scenic drive via diversions due to a few major roadworks en route, we are at our next stop somewhere near Northampton.
    Very different site to our last one but has good reviews so we'll see how we get on.
    And for today's entertainment, a huge 5th wheeler has just pulled in and is having trouble reversing onto it's pitch.

At least it's not raining and the sun is shining.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 6th July 2020 at 02:03 PM.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Thanks, maple. You are awesome!

Have fun, Annie!

Couple of the chickens got out, but I got them back in their run without too much problem. Silly girls. Glad they came up to the house, and not down to the road (tho it's quite aways away.)
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    WOW! What an amazing bunch of photos!
    Your list of flowers is mind-boggling. I am in awe of your gardening knowledge and skill. I had some stellar lupins 4 years ago, until the deer ate them.
    I'd love to see lots more!
    Thank you on the compliment but my gardening knowledge . . . . LOL
    It took over 2 years to remember Canadian Anemome and looking it up.

Picture 1: There a plant with round leaves but has the ugliest yellow daisy type flowers. Can't remember the name of that plant and it's been a year of looking it up and the name won't sink into my brain.
    The white blooms is the rice sedum and that was only a 4 inch patch 2 years ago. In the background there is off white stalks, that it lamb's ears. Upper right is the new iris bed for all the excess irises from cleaning up the gardens. When the pine trees get large, they will consume them unless I need them for another garden.

Picture 2: Varigated Lamium that is almost done blooming. (pink blooms) This will bloom again. There was 13 lupine and columbine plants and they died during this winter, but the catnip is doing well. The gold finches love cat nip seeds. That's how so much catnip is spread throughout the gardens. I end up drying it and make cat toys.

Picture 3: Spiderwort called "Trinity" (hot pink blooms). The ground is cover with golden sedum.
    Originally, I had the pier through the Trinity. I just took down the pier because in the background are 6 trees that have to come down. So far, I have 4 down and hoping the other 2 will be down later this month and then I will burn them in place.

Picture 4: I go out and pick rocks and these caught my eye and I formed my "rock turtle".

Picture 5: I tried growing cat tails but they seem to walk off. :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information