Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Hi Sarge sorry your having it a bit rough at the moment, easy to say cheer up I know but doing it is a different matter. Stay strong.

I lost one yesterday, such a shock I choked on my coffee. 🥵
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post

I bought some GF bread mix the other day. It came. I read the directions on the little paper sack with a tab top., telling me there was a baking bag and a parchment sheet in a bag, along with the mix. I opened the tabs and dumped the contents on the counter. Much to my surprise, the flour portion was not in a separate bag! So I had flour and seeds all over the counter and onto the floor. I figured I had washed the counter in the last month, so I swept it into a bowl and proceeded. Added water, stirred. Let it proof 5 min. Stirred, put on parchment, shaped, powdered with flour, put in bag, and let proof for 3- min. Check. Put in fan assist at 200 for 80 min (yes, 80 min). Set timer. took out after 80 min, let cool. Cut a slice. It was gooey doughy inside. Put back in oven. Took out after 20 more min. Still doughy. The whole thing was the size of two small muffins. Not too impressed. But more impressed than when I later parboiled some greenbeans to put in the freezer, and got deerstracted. Saw a deer in the backyard, told Philpott, and we grabbed the camera and took loads of pics! The deer - young buck with nubs where his horns are coming in, and spots on his back, even laid down and took a nap. Well, it was awhile before I smelled the smoke...…..and I'm not sure how long it will take to salvage the pan. Still not as bad as the day a few years ago that I went to drain some noodles in the sink, and got the big strainer out, and headed to the sink, but somehow I decided to drain the boiling noodles before I got to the sink...………..the middle of the kitchen floor was the chosen spot. Still admire what a clever choice that one was.

take care all.
    Your not alone in things like this, I have done similar things, put some eggs onto boil one day, left the kitchen and forgot all about only to return to find the water had boiled away and the eggs were not only brown on the outside.😀 Also other stupid things, I think it is because we seem to have so much to do that we get ahead of our selves.

Bit off kilter today, overnight we lost a friend of ours, lovely lady, would do anything for anyone even though she cared for her disabled husband, she collapsed yesterday and slipped into a coma - they found she had a blood clot on the brain and there was nothing they could do for her. Another incident in an already sad year...

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry to hear that, Mandart.

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    Your not alone in things like this, I have done similar things, put some eggs onto boil one day, left the kitchen and forgot all about only to return to find the water had boiled away and the eggs were not only brown on the outside.😀 Also other stupid things, I think it is because we seem to have so much to do that we get ahead of our selves.
    LOL

I had this happen to me.
    I placed the eggs to be cooked and started to do things.
    I went outside and ended up doing some gardening when I realized that I had the eggs on the stove.
    I walked into the kitchen and you could smell burn . . . . No water in the pan and broken eggs.
    AND the eggs exploded onto the cabinets and the ceiling.

I didn't buy eggs for 1/2 a year, trying to get back at them. LOL

So sorry to hear your sad news Private Dart. 2020 is certainly a year that a lot of us will want to forget !

Now I'm very pleased with you all (well unless anyone has been ... can't bring myself to say the word ... selling !) as the listing numbers are still going in the right direction for a change. We now have
    4,156,759 so I think that calls for a little tipple in the mess to celebrate.

Really annoying the smiley site that I have used for ages has gone wrong and I can now only view the first page of each category and if I try to turn to the next page I just get a 404 error message. I've tried to contact the site owner but the email address doesn't work so I've lost a load of the smileys I usually use.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afternoon - been out in the garden supervising the cutting back of the ivy that comes over our fence from 2 neighbouring gardens as well as the Periwinkle that comes through the same fence from same 2 gardens as it's green bin collection tomorrow.

Done my bit for the listing numbers as I got quite a few postcards listed yesterday with a few more to do.

Apart from that not much else going on until we can get out and about again - no wonder folks are making trips that they shouldn't be doing and getting caught, fined and sent home again.

Stay safe all.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry to hear your sad news Pvt Dart. I have been die cutting all day playing with my new toy, an electric die cutter. Turning the handle on my old one crippled my hands for days afterwards so i decided it was time for an update. Many more cards to make. I sold a book yesteday, however i also sold it two weeks ago so i must have relisted by mistake or the gremlin is still at work. Sent a refund with a note explaining so i hope i don't get more bad feedback.
    I have got a bundle of German postcards I won from Meebo in a YDC. I don't know enough about postcards to list them and don't know what to do with them. I also came across a "Meebag" in the same cupboard emptying session I had,
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thanks for your kind comments folks, comes as a shock when you lose someone close so suddenly when they seem to be so fit and well... makes you sit back and value your own life that little bit more....

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all, what strange times we are all going through.
    Kettle is on and help yourself to your chosen additive!
    Stay safe. This is not over by a long chalk!

Thread Information