Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I am up the wall, the leg ulcer arrived back last week on one leg and re dressing this week has now got a huge one covering all his big toe on the other foot, the district nurses signed him off as he is not housebound ( not sure how they figure that one out when they forced him to go out even though in pain ) so it is all left to me and i am up the wall, how the heck they can expect me to look after him when i can hardly look after my self i will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I am up the wall, the leg ulcer arrived back last week on one leg and re dressing this week has now got a huge one covering all his big toe on the other foot, the district nurses signed him off as he is not housebound ( not sure how they figure that one out when they forced him to go out even though in pain ) so it is all left to me and i am up the wall, how the heck they can expect me to look after him when i can hardly look after my self i will never know.

Poor Private Buttons. Can't you have a word with your doctor to say that you are struggling to cope ? Surely with your own medical record he would be sympathetic and order the nurses back ?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all.

Getting fed up with all this rain and high winds but at least the floods have receded here in our part of Mid Wales but are rising again further down stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Anyone want 2 weeks worth of Wiltshire Farm Foods frozen dinners? The local Food Bank can't take them.
    Found a home for the Old Sailor's WFF dinners - they're going to the local Family Crisis Centre - they have a freezer for emergency meals for families arriving with no money or late at night etc.

YDC parcels packed and ready to go but still awaiting 2 payments before I can report in the tally thread.

Take care all.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie have asked Somer to pay my YDC bill to you. sorry thought he had done it.

Glad you have found a home for old sailors ready meals, am sure there will be some folks who will be very gratefull for them. Good luck in sorting out, has he told you what he wants with him or is it up to you.

We keep sorting bits here, but dread when we have MIL to do think we will have to move in & do it, mind you sorting ours would be good but some keeps think might need it.

Sgt hope you have a nice meal with your visitors,

Here its deceiving lovely & sunny but its really so cold out there, & gather some parts of Somerset are bad & see they have had to close M% near Weston , to clear snow & ice, as there were so many accidents. lets hope the sun will help. looks so nice through the window.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Annie have asked Somer to pay my YDC bill to you. sorry thought he had done it.

Glad you have found a home for old sailors ready meals, am sure there will be some folks who will be very gratefull for them. Good luck in sorting out, has he told you what he wants with him or is it up to you.
    Thanks Pam - all sorted. Yes, Dad has begun thinking about what to take with him to the care home but as the room is fully furnished [hospital-type bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk, bedside cabinet, arm chair + tv on the wall] he won't need much apart from personal items. Plus they provide all the bedding and towels.

And it's beginning to sleet again

Ello troops. Lol, well I hope the Old Sailor doesn't turn up at the nursing home with 80 paintings in tow like the Old Soldier did when he arrived here ! Glad the frozen dinners will be well appreciated Private Mcc2.

Had a good evening thanks Lieutenant Maplegin. The trouble is we will now be eating mushroom soup, creole shrimps and pecan pie for the rest of the week as I made too much !

Another wonderful afternoon of postage editing ... can't wait !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Poor Private Buttons. Can't you have a word with your doctor to say that you are struggling to cope ? Surely with your own medical record he would be sympathetic and order the nurses back ?
    We went to see the GP a couple of weeks back and he sat there and said nothing then told me his leg was bad again the day after, yesterday he was determined he was going out, and put a pair of sandals on as his normal shoes would not go over the dressing, and yes you guessed it came back soaked "" but it was nice when i went out"" i have dressed it once today as it was wet and now he is washing the dishes/ the floor and anything else in the surrounding area with the mess he is making, he needs cuffing to a chair preferably before i hit him with something to knock some sense in.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Name:  #GOODMORNING.gif
Views: 29
Size:  43.5 KB

Might be able to leave the house today without fear of getting soaked!

A couple of errands to run in town as well as post the last YDC packet.

Have all a good day.

p.s. called in at the Care Home on the way back from town and the Old Sailor could be in by next week! Better get a move on sorting his stuff out then - gulp.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 2nd March 2020 at 10:55 AM.

Ello troops. So nice to see a glimmer of sun on the parade ground.
    I see easyJet are starting to cancel some flights, mainly to Italy, but some others have also been cut due to lack of demand. I'm not so worried about delays going because we are not too far from Bristol airport but I don't want to be stranded for hours trying to get home. Starting to get a tad nervous as I get so anxious about travelling anyway !

It's quite interesting people seem to be starting to panic buy food. I had an email from Ocado saying to order early as they were extremely busy and when O/H went to Aldi at the weekend to buy some cereal he said the place was packed like Christmas !

I was thinking about going into town today as have some things to do but think I might put it off until tomorrow as haven't got any energy. Postage editing is obviously sapping my strength !

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just came across some advice on what to do to minimise the spread of the lurgy this winter

"Rub yourself down with alcohol gel, wrap yourself in cling film, paint a large red cross on your front door and have a bell nearby so you can ring it and shout, "Unclean, unclean!". If your neighbours are worried they can fasten planks over your doors and windows to ensure that you don't escape and spread the pestilence."

Thread Information