Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Such a worry about the care home business. How long is their waiting list ?
    There is no waiting list as such as being newly opened, they're phasing the intake of residents. It's on 3 floors with a total of 70 rooms and only the ground floor is occupied at the moment.
    The next phased intake begins next week of which Dad will hopefully be included - if all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    There is no waiting list as such as being newly opened, they're phasing the intake of residents. It's on 3 floors with a total of 70 rooms and only the ground floor is occupied at the moment.
    The next phased intake begins next week of which Dad will hopefully be included - if all works out.

That's good. At least you won't have months to wait and it will stop the hospital chomping at the bit to get their bed back like I had !

Just had a lovely email from someone that bought a jug which makes me feel all that listing is worthwhile !
    Just wish people could figure out the eBid feedback system !

Great, I'm delighted. Never in the world did I expect to find this. Tea set was my grandmothers bought for her 50th anniversary in the mid 50's after it went the rounds of all my aunts I ended up with it, but the bottom fell out of the jug.
    I'm 72 and it's to go to my granddaughter eventually, as shes only 5. So she will have her great great grans tea set
    Thank you so much
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 20th February 2020 at 03:59 PM.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie hope they will accept him in the home & at least he won't have rent to pay or for carers to go in so its not to bad only snag is that its so expensive to start with, hope he will be happy there.

Sgt its nice when you get a thank you like that.

Just wish this rain would go away for a while.

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all. Kettle is on and I have recovered the special bottle. I had to taste it you understand,,,,,just in case it had been contaminated !

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

LOL Red - I'm sure you did!

Rather blustery out there at the moment. Think I'll stay where I am in the warm for the moment.

Have begun exploratory fact finding for the Old Sailor as regards his pensions & benefits - so why don't the various Pension/Benefit departments talk to each other and share info? Seems I have to make 3-4 seperate phone calls to different departments. And I thought technology was supposed to make life easier

Oh well, ours is not to reason why ....

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie they don't like to make it easy for us, think all this is so hard particularly for elderly who can't understand it, its so unfair & they don't communicate between departments.

Well its still fine at the moment but windy again, & keeps threatening to rain. & the birds are expecting rain the way they are eating all the food quickly

Red glad you found Sgts special bottle

I would say good morning troops except it's not a good one.
    I have heard our poor landlords are gutted as not only are the the company that own the pub putting in an appeal against Bath Council's decision not to let them demolish the building and build three houses on the site but the landlords have now been told that the rent will be going up by £6,000 the first year and another £6,000 the year after and there will be a clause saying that they will have to do any maintenance on the building ! (I might add that the company that own it has let the building deteriorate in a big way since they bought it ) This is the kind of thing they did to drive out previous landlords to try and make out the business isn't viable.
    That building has been a pub serving our community since 1889 and now due to the sheer corporate greed of a company to make a quick buck out of the land it might now go for good. Our new landlords have been great and doing their upmost to make a success of the place since they took over in November but now with this blow I don't know what will happen.

I need whatever is left in that bottle Private Kite, um never mind the bottle where's the barrel ?!

Oh and as I'm not in a good mood I'm looking for volunteers to shout at for the listing I lost yesterday !

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Tea is made and there is enough bread left for toasting and oranges for juicing.

Rather a blustery night again but at least the wheelie bin hasn't gone walkabout.

Sold a load of stuff via local Facebook selling group and waiting for chap to arrive before 10am to collect - and pay! Getting into practice for early morning starts for next week when we have 3 to look forward to with meetings at the hospital.

Stay safe all.

'Ello troops, gosh it was windy again last night and I don't mean the baked beans from the catering corps !

I suppose I shall have to start bracing myself for the big postage edit. I shall have to start soon as I'm away at the end of March.

Nothing much planned for today other than waiting to see if the
    bomb in disguise that has finished on my eBid page will explode. Must start thinking about what I will cook for next Friday as we have friends coming for a meal.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think buyers are preparing for the rise in postage costs as I lost 5 today

Thread Information