Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I bought Billy a mystery box of gifts for Valentine's Day so we shared the stuff.

I now have some more bits and pieces for our YDCs

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afternoon all am pleased to say Thank you for having the kettle on, was ready for it when got back from the dog walk, though not so windy, but had to go out an hour later & the wind had got up again, just not fair so much wind.

Have managed the relists again,

Buttons here the children finish for a weeks holiday today, & so next week we always try to avoid the shops, as its always busy.

Sgt keep fingers crossed the weather isn't as bad as they are forecasting I suppose we can live in hopes.

Hurrah the Fairfield Arms in Bath has been saved ... well for now, until any appeal is put in. Bath council announced today it is turning down the application to demolish the pub and build three houses on the site, so good for them ! I just hope the Secretary of State will be on our side if any appeal is made.

How dare anyone try and demolish Sergeant Major Cornish's local !

It seems all the route marching I did back in November posting letters through people's doors paid off !

187 objections have been received in regards to the application, the following is a summary of the points raised: -
    Loss of a community asset/ facility/ social place - Already been a loss of pubs in this area - Loss of a historic building/ landmark - Economic viability statement is lacking - Pub has been made 'unviable' and run down on purpose by owners - Lack of parking - Construction phase will cause congestion, noise and disruption - highways safety issues including reduced visibility - Over development of the site - Impact on local drainage - Impact on character and appearance - Design detail of proposal is not acceptable - Urban design details - Telegraph poles will be impacted - Limited garden space for future residents - Impact on surrounding residents amenity - No affordable housing - Impact on wildlife

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Brilliant news!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - no lie in today

A day indoors methinks with Storm Dennis due. Wonder where our wheelie bin will end up this time?

Plenty to keep me occupied with website updates and new pages of old photos from our time in Khartoum 1979-1984.

Tea and toast time.

Name:  Toast_&_Marmalde_2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  11.4 KB

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all, well am afraid looks as though somer has a loss as well Sgt hes trying to keep up with you.

Think you are right Annie not going to be good according to all they are saying the bad weather will set in about 3, well its wet & windy now, but worse to come, infact we are going to pop out to get some fresh supplies incase it gets worse, we are suppose to be taking MIL out as she will be 88 tomorrow, though she is positive she will only be 80. but if the weather is bad she doesn't want to go out.

Well done Sgt your martching around your area paid off so lets hope you get plenty of chances to use it.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

GONGS for the pub results!
    Annie - Khartoum? I'd love to hear more about the place, what you did there, and some of your favorite differences you found living there.

SO windy and rainy here all night. This morning, mostly just wind. Not so cold, but really noisy.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Mornin' troops. I don't know about 3.00pm, Lieutenant Maplegin it's already throwing it down here !

The company that own the pub are bound to appeal as one director lives in London and the other in New York and they obviously don't give a s**t about the place other than to make a quick buck from the land it sits on. So we are not out of the woods yet. The building has been a pub since it was first built in 1889 (other than a few years as an Indian / Turkish restaurant), so has always served our community and I for one will not let it be pulled down without a fight ! We are meant to be going down this evening with a neighbour as they have a drag act entertaining, methinks we will all get a good soaking on the way there with the storm !

Now Corporal Somerset just because I lost one yesterday doesn't mean you have to follow suit !
    At least I managed to get a few on for the YDC yesterday.

Oh no, just got the 'Are you a robot' message, HQ must be under attack again !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 15th February 2020 at 10:58 AM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

We got about 1.5" during the night. And it's dumping down rain again. How on earth will I wear sandals this summer with webbed feet?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information