Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Morning, well, for the first time in a few days my tree's not waving in the wind - I'm sure it's just a brief respite before the next storm arrives... Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit though...

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - didn't hear himself get up and managed to have a bit of a lie-in!

Not so breezey this morning and the sun is shining so hopefully an easier day weather wise.

Must check the MH today as it's going up to the garage tomorrow for a bit of work before it's MOT next week Might be a tad expensive, methinks...

Think the washing machine has finished - speak later.

Mornin' troops. Crikey, good to see Private Wicca alert on night duty ! Now don't you let that Private Tropical get her mitts on the precious rations !

Do you ever have days where things just vanish into thin air ? Yesterday I had several minutes wait at the P.O. as their printer was playing up. Anyway they finally managed to fix it and I got my proof of posting, don't worry nothing from here. I got home and took the receipt out of my purse and took it to my desk and can remember writing on the back what the item was. Later in the day I went to get it to put with my accounts and it had vanished. I've hunted high and low, under my desk in the recycling and bin, all over the house even in my ironing basket, but can I find it ?! I just don't know where it has gone. I just pray there is no problem with the delivery which was to an Island in Hawaii !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 12th February 2020 at 12:54 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did you put the receipt back in your purse/handbag, Sarge?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am convinced there is a black hole in my flat full of thin air where all my mislaid stuff vanishes

I think I have one of those too - and it's not fussy what it takes...

Nope, checked that, went through all the rubbish bags again today just in case. Have also gone all through my general receipt bag in case I threw it in there by accident. Checked between the washing I put away yesterday, checked coat pockets and rechecked my desk, I've even looked in the fridge ! I just don't know where it could have gone ?!

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sarge, I've just been watching Spingo being made!

Unfortunately it was on TV, and not in realiity

You can see it on BBC iPlayer, a series called Walking for Life, this was in Series 1, program 2. and it was on BBC2.

The program brought back a lot of Cornish memories for me.

Dunarf fancee a point moi ansum.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks for the tip Private Pos. I could just do with a pint of Spingo now after all that frantic searching. Hopefully I will get plenty on the 8th May as I'm going to flora day this year as they have changed the bank holiday. Can't wait !

OMG thank you Private Pos, I feel so homesick now. I just watched the programme https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...s-1-2-cornwall and it was all based around where I grew up ! My father-in-law's family lived at Four Lanes for a while.
    'Poldark Mine' was about a mile from where I lived and in my day was called 'Wendron Forge' and I used to go to discos there on a Friday night !
    The funniest thing was seeing Roselidden Farm which was about a quarter of a mile down the lane from our house. Me and the boy and girl from next door once got chased by the farmer from Roselidden Farm in his landrover when he spotted us ferreting on his land. He didn't catch us though !
    My brother's girlfriend goes there sometimes for mindfulness sessions these days.
    I've still got my Blue Anchor scar on my finger from washing up behind that bar when I was sixteen and a pint glass shattered as I was drying it. No glass washing machines in those days. I also got engaged at the Blue Anchor, which must be about 41 years ago. I even spotted one of my old neighbours, the lady in the yellow blouse on the right, singing in the back bar when he was on his way out ! A real trip down memory lane.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 12th February 2020 at 04:37 PM.

Thread Information