Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

​yikes! Hope it works out soon!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    ​yikes! Hope it works out soon!
    I have had lots of enquiries today but have had to put them all off as I can't deal with any of the orders while the site is down

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I tried to lock down all auctions except the charity one but that's not an option as I have to pick from categories

Still no update. It's odd as I have been dealing with this company since 2008 and this is the first time this has happened

Their main website is still up and running, but is a new website - maybe they're in the process of updating the one we both use- luckily for me I haven't got any of their products in my store at the moment.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well that wasn't the start to Sunday I was expecting - the phone went at around 5.30am. The Old Sailor had got himself into a tangle with his overnight contraption + his sheets ......

All OK now. Left him in his riser chair with a cup of coffee and some Rich Tea biscuits. Going back soon as Carer not due until 10am. Trying to get the time brought forward but all slots/Carers fully booked ATM.

Time for another mug of tea and maybe a Paracetamol to clear my headache from the rude awakening!

Name:  Allergic_to_Mornings.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  13.3 KB

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Their main website is still up and running, but is a new website - maybe they're in the process of updating the one we both use- luckily for me I haven't got any of their products in my store at the moment.
    I noticed the wholesale site is still up an running and looks very different from when I looked at it last time.

I had an email from them recently that says they are closed at weekend so maybe they are updating the site I use over the weekend and things will sort themselves out next week

I trade on multiple sites so it's a real pain being so busy but unable to sell anything.

Mornin' troops. What a worry for you Private Moon, I hope it resolves itself on Monday.

Oh dear Private Mcc2 not a good start to your day ! Glad the Old Sailor is alright, but that should not be happening it's just not good enough, say if you had lived miles away and couldn't get to him so quickly ! I would be having very stern words with the authorities.

We had a great night at our local last night for Burns night. They had a good band playing and one of the locals from down the road who is Scottish came in his kilt and did the 'Address to a Haggis'.

Now I had something amazing happen on eBid yesterday. I erm, um, seemed to lose two listings (must have been busy with YDC battle !) and when I checked the address of the second newbie they lived just outside of my home town in Cornwall. I didn't think much about it but then I noticed their email address had a different surname, obviously a maiden name, and I thought I knew somebody with that name at primary school. So I emailed my customer and sure enough it was the same girl I had gone to primary school with who I haven't seen since I was eleven years old !!! Now what are the chances of that when there were only 32 pupils in my tiny primary school which was in the middle of nowhere ?! She is also still in touch with two other girls from the school that I remember. We will be having a long email catch up today ! Even more amazing is that she said it was the first time she had bought anything from an auction site.

It all happens on eBid, do you remember I found a long lost branch of my family on eBid a few years ago by selling a book that had been published by my great grandfather ?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Oh dear Private Mcc2 not a good start to your day ! Glad the Old Sailor is alright, but that should not be happening it's just not good enough, say if you had lived miles away and couldn't get to him so quickly ! I would be having very stern words with the authorities.
    Went back at 9am to find Dad on the floor - he'd tried to get to the commode and slipped and fallen. Called ambulance straight away who sent out a First Responder who was brilliant. But he wasn't happy with a series of cuts and bruises on Dad's arm so I'm afraid he's in an ambulance on it's way to Shrewsbury whose A&E doesn't have a particularly good record of seeing patients quickly. We'll go up shortly. I can see this ending up as a Care Home situation and the only one with space is the very expensive, brand new one that's just opened up the road!

I gather the Care Agency we use has put in a complaint about Dad's unsafe discharge without proper arrangements being in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Went back at 9am to find Dad on the floor - he'd tried to get to the commode and slipped and fallen. Called ambulance straight away who sent out a First Responder who was brilliant. But he wasn't happy with a series of cuts and bruises on Dad's arm so I'm afraid he's in an ambulance on it's way to Shrewsbury whose A&E doesn't have a particularly good record of seeing patients quickly. We'll go up shortly. I can see this ending up as a Care Home situation and the only one with space is the very expensive, brand new one that's just opened up the road!

I gather the Care Agency we use has put in a complaint about Dad's unsafe discharge without proper arrangements being in place.
    Oh gosh, what a worrying time for you. I remember well having to call in neighbours to help me get the Old Soldier off the floor on several occasions when he fell here. Good that the Care Agency have complained and so they should ! It's such a problem when the mobility goes as you can't be on hand 24 hours by yourself to get them to a toilet when they need it.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gosh, Annie! How awful to find him like that, poor guy. I'm glad he will be patched up, and quickly, I hope. Yeah, when people are unstable on their feet, they pretty much need someone around fulltime.

Cornish - I didn't remember about you finding family by selling a book published by your gr great grandpa! That is really amazing. I bought a book once on the bay, and ended up marrying the seller!! Strange what you end up with online!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I noticed the wholesale site is still up an running and looks very different from when I looked at it last time.

I had an email from them recently that says they are closed at weekend so maybe they are updating the site I use over the weekend and things will sort themselves out next week

I trade on multiple sites so it's a real pain being so busy but unable to sell anything.

I know what you mean.... It's still down at the moment...

Thread Information