Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Just spent an hour and a quarter waiting around at Kwik?Fit, it would have been even longer because they had overbooked jobs earlier on this morning. I made a fuss because I asked yesterday on the phone if I could wait and was told yes so they slotted my car in before others thank goodness. There was another woman there at the same time who was furious as she had to be at a meeting in Bristol by 12.00 and had been told the same thing on the phone yesterday.
    Turns out it was a small screw in my tyre so hopefully now all patched up and the tank is ready for action again.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Turns out it was a small screw in my tyre so hopefully now all patched up and the tank is ready for action again.
    I cannot pump up a tyre any longer. If I get a puncture I have to 'phone the RAC to change the wheel for me; they are very understanding and helpful and sort things for me PDQ. They can see there is no way I am going to be able to free a nut by stamping on the wrench, although I used to be able to! Lol! It's little things like this, the annoying things, which become more difficult and annoying as time goes by. Luckily, my mathematics are still ok...earlier today a friend rang me to ask how many "millipedes" (sic) there were in one foot!!! She then went on to ask about centipedes. My reply? "Three hundred millipedes are about a foot. Three hundred centipedes are an infestation!" It went down like the proverbial lead balloon, of course....hmmmm! Onward and upward!!

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I cannot pump up a tyre any longer. If I get a puncture I have to 'phone the RAC to change the wheel for me; they are very understanding and helpful and sort things for me PDQ. They can see there is no way I am going to be able to free a nut by stamping on the wrench, although I used to be able to! Lol! It's little things like this, the annoying things, which become more difficult and annoying as time goes by. Luckily, my mathematics are still ok...earlier today a friend rang me to ask how many "millipedes" (sic) there were in one foot!!! She then went on to ask about centipedes. My reply? "Three hundred millipedes are about a foot. Three hundred centipedes are an infestation!" It went down like the proverbial lead balloon, of course....hmmmm! Onward and upward!!
    Oh lol, now that made be chuckle ! You should be on the stage to entertain the troops Private Cambrensis.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Camb…...that is the best laugh I've had in a while!! Thanks!

How's the puppy (I disremember it's name).
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Camb…...that is the best laugh I've had in a while!! Thanks!

How's the puppy (I disremember it's name).
    Harri is no puppy - this little chap is about 11 years old so in doggie terms is nearly my age! He has me trained beautifully and we communicate quite well. I've learned not to raise a finger in admonishment as he is likely to bite it! From his reactions to other people I'd guess that a man has been cruel to him at some stage. He takes longer to trust a man than a woman.

However, he is healthy and enjoying life. And I am enjoying having him around. He sees me making coffee and he looks from me to the fridge - "Are there going to be cakes....? Custard tarts perhaps...?" (He does enoy the sharing of a custard tart,,, But I'm too old to have any other major weaknesses, unfortunately!!!)

Oh...an: Sarge - thanks for the comment. I have a broom ready for the "Stage!!" command.....

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Had a phone call from my brother last night and he said he had been to the switch on of the Christmas lights in my home town of Helston which was amazing. He said he couldn't get past a certain point in the main street as there were so many people ! It looks busier than Flora Day. There were loads of stalls, choirs and fireworks, a really big event.

Oooh, was that 'certain point in the main street' the Blue Anchor perchance?
    I bet the Spingo was flowing non-stop .... I would have given my eye-teeth to be there and join in with all the celebrations.
    Great pics of a great place, I feel homesick and in the need for a 'proper job' Cornish pasty, pint of Spingo and a good old sing song with my Cornish pals ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjkfhy-wL_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBsg1MKTwc

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Oooh Private Tropical I really enjoyed that sing song ... think I've just woken up all the neighbours !
    No, he said he couldn't get any further than the Angel Hotel, what a whimp, of course if I had been there I would of found a way to get to the Blue Anchor. Nobody would have dared stopped Sergeant Major Cornish getting her pint of Spingo ! You can just make out the sign on the left in the first photo !

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

​Don't get between Sarge and her special sauce!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Name:  MorninBear.gif
Views: 45
Size:  45.9 KB

Thread Information