Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Ello troops. Lovely and sunny now the fog has gone. Must start making an effort to get the quarters cleaned up in preparation for the cadet and wife arriving next weekend but it is very tempting to get out into the garden and I know that will probably win ! Lol, I wish I was one of those people that loves housework but think I have inherited my mother's disdain. She used to say the dust will only be back again next week !

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cornishmaid1961;1704945], I wish I was one of those people that loves housework but think I have inherited my mother's disdain. She used to say the dust will only be back again next week ! ]

Oh I so agree with your Mother. Life is too short to dedicate it to dust bunnies who breed and breed without compunction...... apart from which your other duties in the mess and on the parade ground should take priority.

[QUOTE=cheaver;1704948]
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    , I wish I was one of those people that loves housework but think I have inherited my mother's disdain. She used to say the dust will only be back again next week ! ]

Oh I so agree with your Mother. Life is too short to dedicate it to dust bunnies who breed and breed without compunction...... apart from which your other duties in the mess and on the parade ground should take priority.
    Never a truer word spoken Private Cheaver !

t's been 11 years since my dear Mom passed. She was almost 92 when she died. Mom was clean about herself and the kitchen and cooking area was always clean. Mom cooked three meals a day and washed up. She baked wonderful things. She was a talented seamstress and she could mend and knit / crochet and craft with the best of them. She had a green thumb. Lots of flowers and vegetables. Lots of harvesting went on every fall. Canning and pickling and so on. She read the newspaper every day and followed the political news on TV. At the age of 88 she was still mowing grass and shovelling snow. We're talking about Alberta, Canada kind of snow. She still washed with a wringer washer and hung all the clothes out on the line. She walked a lot. Long distances. She was not a fast walker but she had stamina.

At 88 her age caught up with her. Osteoporosis and heart problems.

But, the house had it's dust bunnies. There was stuff around, because she was always busy creating something. Something good and memorable.

There are better things to do in life than to chase every bit of dust in the corners.
    Name:  dust if you must (2).jpg
Views: 41
Size:  73.5 KB

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    t's been 11 years since my dear Mom passed. She was almost 92 when she died. Mom was clean about herself and the kitchen and cooking area was always clean. Mom cooked three meals a day and washed up. She baked wonderful things. She was a talented seamstress and she could mend and knit / crochet and craft with the best of them. She had a green thumb. Lots of flowers and vegetables. Lots of harvesting went on every fall. Canning and pickling and so on. She read the newspaper every day and followed the political news on TV. At the age of 88 she was still mowing grass and shovelling snow. We're talking about Alberta, Canada kind of snow. She still washed with a wringer washer and hung all the clothes out on the line. She walked a lot. Long distances. She was not a fast walker but she had stamina.

At 88 her age caught up with her. Osteoporosis and heart problems.

But, the house had it's dust bunnies. There was stuff around, because she was always busy creating something. Something good and memorable.

There are better things to do in life than to chase every bit of dust in the corners.
    This is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read on eBid.
    What a moving tribute to your Mom and a great way to have lived life.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got up this morning to find there has been a direct hit to my store....listied tons of stuff to hide it though

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lovely tribute to your Mum, Marie. Reminded me a bit of my own mother and grandmother.

Think I've caught his cold/cough as my throat feels like sandpaper

Hope to get a few more listings up today if I don't crawl back into bed.

Take care all.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Dusting happens once in a while in this house. There are more important things to do in life. Like preparing breakfast. And I have even prepped the veggies for lunch. The bead show yesterday was very enjoyable although I am still tired. The workshops were great, they just needed to be longer. So I have 2 new UFOs to deal with. Outside the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Barney has been incarcerated in his outside run. He'll be avoiding me for the rest of the day, I think. I might just crawl back into my bed. It feels the right thing to do

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

lovely tribute to your Mum Marie.

Am afraid in this house dusting doesn't get done as it only comes back will do it when think really must, but remember my Mum dusting everyday, & then in the last year of her life went & stayed there & persuded her that it would keep & we went out everyday, & she realsied was okay so she could do it once a week instead. no doubt will do it somewhen soon.

Glad you liked your workshop Meebo,

There does seem lots of colds & sore throats around, hope everyone feels better soon.

Ello troops. Fabulous post about your mum Private Gold. The garden did win yesterday needless to say and I managed to cut back three sacks of hedge and ivy.

Poor Private Mcc2, please do not sneeze in the direction of Bath !

Glad you enjoyed yourself Private Meebo you will have to show us your creations once they are finish.

Thread Information