Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I have been trying in vain to get all my closed listings of patterns into a spreadsheet before they are lost for ever in a couple of days, the only other way i can think of doing it is to relist and then close them again a couple of hours later, can anyone help as all i have is note pad with gobbledygook in it.
    Just found my instructions from Gothicina when I had the same sort of query years ago:

My eBid - Auctions I'm Running - Export Listings.

If you import it to either Excel,(or Open Office Calc) you can choose what is imported.

They work pretty much the same,
    in Excel open a new spreadsheet, click on Data - choose Import external data - import data, a box will come up "Choose data source", find your exported listings & click open,

You'll get the text import wizard
    step 1 Choose Delimited - click next,
    step 2 choose Tab - click next
    in step 3 you'll see 4 checkboxes to choose the column data format

underneath that is Data preview, which shows
    all the info in columns with the heading General.
    Work through the column headings choosing the Do not import (skip) option for all of them except the auction title (column 5) leave that as General - Click Finish
    you then have the option of putting the data in an existing worksheet or creating a new one, click OK & your auction titles will be listed for you.

HTH.

I have been trying for two days Anni and i cannot use this thing so I listed and then closed, i had to do that as i have given some away, sold some on YDC and i didn't delete them so till I know what's what i have to do it this way as i want to keep some to go on future YDC's. I wae tempted to buy XL.

No import wizard showing ann only export and i have clicked every button and icon i can find

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Just found my instructions from Gothicina when I had the same sort of query years ago:

My eBid - Auctions I'm Running - Export Listings.

If you import it to either Excel,(or Open Office Calc) you can choose what is imported.

They work pretty much the same,
    in Excel open a new spreadsheet, click on Data - choose Import external data - import data, a box will come up "Choose data source", find your exported listings & click open,

You'll get the text import wizard
    step 1 Choose Delimited - click next,
    step 2 choose Tab - click next
    in step 3 you'll see 4 checkboxes to choose the column data format

underneath that is Data preview, which shows
    all the info in columns with the heading General.
    Work through the column headings choosing the Do not import (skip) option for all of them except the auction title (column 5) leave that as General - Click Finish
    you then have the option of putting the data in an existing worksheet or creating a new one, click OK & your auction titles will be listed for you.

HTH.
    Not used it Buttons, but I think this is the way to do it.

Export your listing and save the resulting file, this will have the csv extension.

open excel or open office calc and load the file into your spreadsheet, I think that import is under the file tab, you should then get a menu of what you want to import.

Hope this helps.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yay! I have been working very hard all weekend. I strimmed the grass this morning and got my listings up to over 1000

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are just too ambitious, moonie!

We have several sets of baby birds in nests around here. One set of Coal Tits under the tile roof of the porch, one set of noisy somethings in a birdhouse on a porch of a shed, another batch in a birdhouse on a tree......and the baby swallows in the open garage. Looks like a good season for birds!

I am about ready to crawl into my little nest for the night. Good night, and good morning to the early birds when they get up!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    You are just too ambitious, moonie!

We have several sets of baby birds in nests around here. One set of Coal Tits under the tile roof of the porch, one set of noisy somethings in a birdhouse on a porch of a shed, another batch in a birdhouse on a tree......and the baby swallows in the open garage. Looks like a good season for birds!

I am about ready to crawl into my little nest for the night. Good night, and good morning to the early birds when they get up!!
    I have a robin that visits and she's on her 2nd brood now but the stress seems to be getting to her as she's going quite bald! Name:  IMG_20180605_110232.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  165.2 KB

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Poor little robin. At least she doesn't have to search too hard for food. Now a hearty good morning from me. I fell into bed last night at 8.30 and I paid for that by waking at 2 and not being able to go back to sleep. But when I got up I decided make a start at thinning out my collection of t-shirts. There are now 3 piles on the bathroom floor - 1 is to list, 1 for the charity shop and one I need to try on to see if I still want them. And I have another drawer to go through. When this is done I can tackle the drawers under the bed....I am now going to make a put of tea. I need it

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - I too woke early as my hip was bothering me, but did manage to doze off again for a short while until himself had gone to work.

The river mist is clearing and the sun is shining so hopefully another fine day like yesterday. Just hope it stays this way for the weekend as we're off on another jolly with the MH.

Getting a bit cheesed off with all this good weather and not being able to just pack up and take off for a couple of days when the mood takes us. Things should improve next year when himself retires

We've now got to look for a dog carer for Badge for September as our usual set-up has finished [friend's farm]. Don't really want to put her back into kennels if we can help it.

Time for another mug of tea before I start getting brain ache.

Name:  Allergic_to_Mornings.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  13.3 KB

I finally got it into a spread sheet and saved it somewhere or other, i looked at it and it still didn't make much sense, i think i will buy excel, also there is no import button under file on calc, i found it by accident under something else , i cant remember where as i just poked everything on the damn thing

Thread Information