Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Oh, thank you so much, Meebo. As you can see, I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to this category.

I am really struggling here.....why when I want to list 5½" x 5½" envelopes in my store does the ½" disappear? I know I could use cms but they are dead on the ½" and others dead on the ¼".
    5.5 should be ok or 5.25 if that is what you need

Anyway,: Good morning. Looks very grey outside.(I can only see a bit of sky and the top of a tree from my window) Canteen duty is next. I might be in need of a coffee myself, but make tea as well in case I change my mind.I wonder what the day will bring? The geese are very noisy outside. they are every morning, but it is late for them today. I will try to carry on with the tidying later, though I have no inclination to do anything. We will see...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, thank you so much, Meebo. As you can see, I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to this category.

I am really struggling here.....why when I want to list 5½" x 5½" envelopes in my store does the ½" disappear? I know I could use cms but they are dead on the ½" and others dead on the ¼".
    For the half inch you could try entering:
    Code:
    ½
    For the quarter inch change 189 for 188:
    Code:
    ​¼
    (All 6 characters for each)

You may need to switch to the HTML editor to get them to work - but try in your usual editor first.

If memory serves (which, sadly, it often does not nowadays) this was an update a while back to allow entering of special characters.
    Last edited by astral276; 8th March 2017 at 08:15 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Brrrr - feels a bit nippy so the heating is on and I'm warming up.

Sorry, but I losted another one overnight - but it was a charity sale. Might leave adding new items until I've finished the p&p editing which I've now begun

My 'baby' is now 35yrs and here he is with his new baby daughter who has a beautiful smile

Name:  Paul_Oli_&_Amelia_5.3.2017_ab.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  33.3 KB

Thanks, Astral. I have always used 0189 and 0188 codes for the ½ and ¼ and, as you can see, it appears as such in the title. It was just during the listing that the ½" disappeared.
    Not really a problem as long as the title is okay. But will bear your codes in mind for future listings.

Thanks, Meebo - I ususally use 5.5 for my knitting needles sizes - easier than typing in codes.

Getting lazy - as well as forgetful

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Astral. I have always used 0189 and 0188 codes for the ½ and ¼ and, as you can see, it appears as such in the title. It was just during the listing that the ½" disappeared.
    Not really a problem as long as the title is okay. But will bear your codes in mind for future listings.
    Seems to work for me in both the title and the description. Do they show OK to you? https://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/tes...-155483385.htm

Jolly good show troops I see you are all working on the plan that those buyers will need an enigma machine to read the listings !

Gawd I was tired this morning and didn't wake up until late after all that route marching up the hills yesterday and O/H dragging me around Chippenham yesterday afternoon. Must be getting old !

Lovely photo of the new cadet Private Mcc2.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hammond: Digital tax changes - business with turnover below VAT threshold delay quarterly reporting for one more year.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    Hammond: Digital tax changes - business with turnover below VAT threshold delay quarterly reporting for one more year.

I thought it had been thrown out for small businesses and self employed under £10,000 Private Lamp ?
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ng-tax-digital

The government has already pledged to remove the smallest businesses, self-employed people and landlords from the scope of the changes by exempting all those with annual turnover of less than £10k from digital record keeping and quarterly updates (although they can still choose to enrol). This was in addition to those who were already removed from scope by the exemption for those with secondary income below £10,000.

Now I'm confused !

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Seems to work for me in both the title and the description. Do they show OK to you? https://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/tes...-155483385.htm
    Yes, they all show - and thank you for taking the time to do that, Astral. Mine typed in okay when listing, but when I went to 'review', it had gone back to 5.

Next question.....why does my space bar not work on here when I use Chrome?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Next question.....why does my space bar not work on here when I use Chrome?
    Pass. Do you mean anywhere on the site or in forums? I find the forum editor can be very flaky at times with the cursor jumping all over the place and keystrokes being ignored. I don't know if that is site wide as I haven't listed in a long time.

Thread Information